using timer relay with arduino

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi 95,
There is not enough information in your post to give a useful answer.
Do you have more detail of the project and what Arduino programming have you written for the project?

E

onurdnz95

Joined Oct 27, 2021
Hi 95,
There is not enough information in your post to give a useful answer.
Do you have more detail of the project and what Arduino programming have you written for the project?

E
I haven't written any program yet. It was actually a very understandable question. I wanted to learn how to control a servo motor with an arduino and a single channel timer relay board

onurdnz95

Joined Oct 27, 2021
Hello,

What kind of servo motor do you want to use?
A RC-servo motor needs pulses to set the direction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servomotor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servo_(radio_control)

Bertus
Hi. The servo motor I will use exactly is a device called "SG90 RC Mini (9gr) Servo Motor". What I want is that at the end of the time set on the timer relay card, the servo motor goes forward 180 degrees once and then comes back to its original state, that is, 180 degrees. I couldn't find an example or project about programming on the internet. I need help with programming. thank you

ONUR

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Implicit in @bertus reply is that a timer relay is an inappropriate way to control an RC servo. It won’t work.

Secondly, a “timer” relay could be redundant when controlled by an Arduino. The Arduino itself can provide the timing function.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hi. The servo motor I will use exactly is a device called "SG90 RC Mini (9gr) Servo Motor". What I want is that at the end of the time set on the timer relay card, the servo motor goes forward 180 degrees once and then comes back to its original state, that is, 180 degrees. I couldn't find an example or project about programming on the internet. I need help with programming. thank you

ONUR
The Arduino programming environment- the free Arduino IDE - comes with functions in a library - to control RC servos. The library contains example code to use for servos.

If you’re not familiar with programming an Arduino, start with making an LED blink. The IDE also contains an example program to do that. Doing this first will introduce you to the Arduino programming language (a variant of C), using the IDE and physically programming the Arduino.

There are many references online to help you in this regard. In particular, check out the official Arduino reference site.

onurdnz95

Joined Oct 27, 2021
The Arduino programming environment- the free Arduino IDE - comes with functions in a library - to control RC servos. The library contains example code to use for servos.

If you’re not familiar with programming an Arduino, start with making an LED blink. The IDE also contains an example program to do that. Doing this first will introduce you to the Arduino programming language (a variant of C), using the IDE and physically programming the Arduino.

There are many references online to help you in this regard. In particular, check out the official Arduino reference site.
Thank you for advice...