Using M$ Paint for CAD Work, or resistor color codes in Paint

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I frequently use Paint for Computer Aided Design (AKA CAD). Many times I get stuck on trivial issues. One of these was Resistor Color codes in Paint. The color palete in Paint does not have an exact match to al the colors needed, such as blue or violet. In researching the issue I now know more than I ever wanted to about the RGB numbering system for computer defined colors. Below is a graphic I designed for myself and will be including in future releases of "PaintCAD (PAINT as CAD).

Resistor Color Codes.png

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
My Excel program has basic colors but then also has deeper selection of colors, but you need to figure out the codes. YouTube has shown some good results in picking colors. I wonder if maybe you could use Excel to build a color base then take a screen shot. Use that screen shot to cut and paste the colors into a Paint file you can select exact colors from.

Another way to achieve specific colors is to use your camera. Take a picture of the color you want then, as just mentioned, cut and paste that into a Paint file. Then select that color for your resistor color code.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've pretty well figured out how to do it. Did I mention
I now know more than I ever wanted to about the RGB numbering system for computer defined colors.
I googled the colors, the used copy/paste to move them into my current palette.

OCD I may be, but one less thing.