Is Possible To Make PCB Photo Resistance Using Emulsion Paint

connect.electrospark.krr

Joined Jan 25, 2016
Hello Everyone,
We had planned to make a PCB board. First we had tried screen printing by using iron process, we had successfully completed that and then we had decided to make PCB board by using UV exposure screen printing method.
we had made setup for UV Exposure Unit by using 28 (2*14) watts CFL (because it produces UV Rays Large than Fluorescent) and placed printed OHP sheet on copper Board and tested, process had failed on Non – pre sensitive copper clad board
After that only we came to know that Photo Resistant and developer process should do before screening. During search we had find many photo resistant, but all are in foreign countries. But we had seen photo resistant developer in forum and also presently we had purchased sodium met silicate penta hydrate for developing.
Now we request you tell, is possible to use Asian tractor Emulsion paint for Photo Resistant, because it has acrylic acid (Attached Picture) or please write me any another Photo Resistant Emulsion or solution.
Thanks In Advance
Parthasarathi

Edit Report

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
Hello Everyone,
We had planned to make a PCB board. First we had tried screen printing by using iron process, we had successfully completed that and then we had decided to make PCB board by using UV exposure screen printing method.
we had made setup for UV Exposure Unit by using 28 (2*14) watts CFL (because it produces UV Rays Large than Fluorescent) and placed printed OHP sheet on copper Board and tested, process had failed on Non – pre sensitive copper clad board
After that only we came to know that Photo Resistant and developer process should do before screening. During search we had find many photo resistant, but all are in foreign countries. But we had seen photo resistant developer in forum and also presently we had purchased sodium met silicate penta hydrate for developing.
Now we request you tell, is possible to use Asian tractor Emulsion paint for Photo Resistant, because it has acrylic acid (Attached Picture) or please write me any another Photo Resistant Emulsion or solution.
Thanks In Advance
Parthasarathi

Edit Report
Hello. Not sure about the paint you mentioned. I have successfully used enamel paint (all sorts of colours) (used in the hobby shops for painting model cars, tanks, aeroplanes, cars etc) It works very well and you don't have to wait for it to dry properly. I use Ferric Chloride to etch takes about 12minutes for a board 100mm x 150mm. Use any solvent to remove the paint afterwards. (Thinners, Benzine, Turps, Acetone (your wifes/girlfriend nail polish remover) and most other solvents from your local hardware shop and even at some general stores. Good luck

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hello. Not sure about the paint you mentioned. I have successfully used enamel paint (all sorts of colours) (used in the hobby shops for painting model cars, tanks, aeroplanes, cars etc) It works very well and you don't have to wait for it to dry properly. I use Ferric Chloride to etch takes about 12minutes for a board 100mm x 150mm. Use any solvent to remove the paint afterwards. (Thinners, Benzine, Turps, Acetone (your wifes/girlfriend nail polish remover) and most other solvents from your local hardware shop and even at some general stores. Good luck
Re: emulsion paint
Like water based home interior use?
I don't think it would work in the same process as you used the enamel. The paint goes where the traces would be when etching? I can see using a dark emulsion paint in the photo process. Paint the places you want to etch away and harden the trace areas by UV.

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
Re: emulsion paint
Like water based home interior use?
I don't think it would work in the same process as you used the enamel. The paint goes where the traces would be when etching? I can see using a dark emulsion paint in the photo process. Paint the places you want to etch away and harden the trace areas by UV.
It is an oil based paint. I don't use photo sensitive boards or iron on screen printing methods. I do it the old fashioned way, I apply it directly onto the copper.

connect.electrospark.krr

Joined Jan 25, 2016
Thank You Craps1956

i decide to buy, but i get another one question from your message.. while etching using ferrous chloride solution, the enamel paint will causes any reaction

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
Thank You Craps1956

i decide to buy, but i get another one question from your message.. while etching using ferrous chloride solution, the enamel paint will causes any reaction
No. The paint is perfectly safe in the solution. I have been using it for many years. Just be careful with the ferric chloride, don't use metal containers they will be stained. If you get some on your fingers (it wont burn, only stain) just rinse your fingers and the board off with water . I use the garden hose in the garden to avoid getting stains on my kitchen sink.

connect.electrospark.krr

Joined Jan 25, 2016
No. The paint is perfectly safe in the solution. I have been using it for many years. Just be careful with the ferric chloride, don't use metal containers they will be stained. If you get some on your fingers (it wont burn, only stain) just rinse your fingers and the board off with water . I use the garden hose in the garden to avoid getting stains on my kitchen sink.

Thank You so much

regards
Parthasarathi

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015

connect.electrospark.krr

Joined Jan 25, 2016
Hello Craps1956,

I had tried by using Asian Paints Premium Gloss Enamel (Picture Attached), I had directly applied paint over surface of copper on Copper Clad Board without diluting. after 5mins, I pasted OHP printout over paint and placed in sun light for 10 mins, after that I developed with SODIUM METASILICATE PENTAHYDRATE solution and finally I etched using ferric chloride (FeCl3)

But copper was not etched and please tell where I made a mistake.

Thanks

Parthasarathi

asianpaints_products_Gloss-enamel.png