TVout and Arduino not works

veridius

Joined Sep 15, 2022
Hi all. I'm new here and not sure if I'm posting in the right place. There was a problem: when you try to connect arduino to a CRT TV, an incomprehensible noise appears on it instead of a picture. The resistors are selected and connected correctly, I installed different versions of the TVout library, but everything is pointless. I would be very grateful if you can help. Thanks in advance. CRT.jpg

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
What program is running on the Arduino, using the TVout library?
Did you select the correct scanning type for the TV - PAL, SECAM or NTSC?
What input connector on the TV are you connecting to the TVout signal?
Does the TV work correctly with any other input?
The TVout library works correctly on the Arduino. I made a simple Pong game which worked very well on an old CRT TV.

veridius

Joined Sep 15, 2022
What program is running on the Arduino, using the TVout library?
Did you select the correct scanning type for the TV - PAL, SECAM or NTSC?
What input connector on the TV are you connecting to the TVout signal?
Does the TV work correctly with any other input?
The TVout library works correctly on the Arduino. I made a simple Pong game which worked very well on an old CRT TV.
I found the source of the problem... The arduino program did not work, and I downloaded a similar library for ESP32, but there are the same noises on the screen and there is no meaningful image, from which I conclude that the TV itself is faulty. It's a pity, because I don't understand CRT TVs and I can't fix it myself :(

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
What input connectors does your TV have?
The signal from the Arduino is a composite video signal. It will not work if you are connecting that to the antenna input. If there is no video input connector on your TV, you will need a video to RF converter. They are cheap and available on AliExpress

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Rather than an RF modulator, does the TV have an HDMI input? If so, you can search for a composite video to HDMI convertor on Google or other search engine. If your TV has a composite video input (RCA jack for video) try connecting your resistor junction to it.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Rather than an RF modulator, does the TV have an HDMI input? If so, you can search for a composite video to HDMI convertor on Google or other search engine. If your TV has a composite video input (RCA jack for video) try connecting your resistor junction to it.
I think the TV that the TS shows probably predates HDMI.