Transistor...?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Your transistor is missing an input coupling capacitor so the generator is shorting the base of the transistor to 0V most of the time so its output is high most of the time.

Also, the input signal has a peak of 1V which is much too high since the transistor has a voltage gain of about 180 if it has an input coupling capacitor. With a supply of only 10v then the output cannot be 180V.

The resistor values of the biasing potential divider are much too low so I have wasted my time explaining transistor biasing to you.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
no sir, i have checked the current in voltage divider bias and base current it was higher than base current.
But you have the base voltage of the transistor DC-shorted to ground through the generator because your circuit is missing an input coupling capacitor. Then the transistor is cutoff most of the time.
But your transistor is biased wrong anyway so it will be saturated most of the time if you add an input coupling capacitor.

You need to learn about, not simply copy electronic circuits.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
But this is obviously so simple. Just some electronic LEGO's that you 'snap' together, and viola, instant working circuit! What means 'resistive' solder joint? The bigger the blob the better the job, ey what!

pls reply

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
But you have the base voltage of the transistor DC-shorted to ground through the generator because your circuit is missing an input coupling capacitor. Then the transistor is cutoff most of the time.
But your transistor is biased wrong anyway so it will be saturated most of the time if you add an input coupling capacitor.
[/QUOTE
My teacher said the coupling capacitors used is for blocking dc and passing ac, how to find transistor biased is in saturated mode not in active region ??

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
My teacher said the coupling capacitors used is for blocking dc and passing ac, how to find transistor biased is in saturated mode not in active region ??

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
here is the ckt. pls tell how resistance R3 is working, as the it is shorted by conductor.
Your schematic shows R3 shorted.

Bootstrapping can be used to increase the input impedance of your darlington transistor circuit.

At the top I show a two-transistors amplifier with a common-emitter transistor driving an emitter follower:
On the left side there is no bootstrapping. The collector resistor of the first transistor cannot drive the base of the second transistor to a voltage that is anywhere near the supply voltage because the resistor's current drops as its voltage gets higher until there is not enough current to supply base current to the second transistor. The first transistor has a fairly low collector resistance so its voltage gain is low and its distortion is fairly high.

On the right side the collector resistor of the first transistor is two resistors in series. The bootstrap capacitor has a constant voltage across it so the signal drives the base of the second transistor to a voltage swing above the supply voltage. The current in the lower collector resistor is constant so it becomes a very high impedance which allows the first transistor to have a very high voltage gain and have very low distortion.

On the bottom left side I show a single emitter-follower transistor similar to your darlington emitter-follower. Its input impedance is R1 and R2 in parallel and in parallel with the high input impedance of the transistor.

On the lower right side I added a bootstrap capacitor and R3. The bootstrap capacitor has a constant voltage across it so the input impedance of the circuit is R3 in parallel with the high impedance of the transistor. R1 and R2 are not affecting the input impedance.

Attachments