TLC271 Vouput(swing)

Matherios

Joined Feb 25, 2018
Hello i have TLC271 with single supply of 10V with a load of 2K.
My question is on the datasheet it the Output Voltages are for resistors 10k,100k,1MΩ.
How can i find the Voltage Output Swing of TLC271 with 2kΩ resistor Load.

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Found that OK, I don't use the tlc271.
It appears that there are 3 Modes of operation, the Mode seems to effect the OPA output impedance which makes it difficult to calculate the output resistance.

Which OPA mode is the question stating.?

I would assume High Bias Mode ie: 10k Load Vout value.
E

Attachments

Matherios

Joined Feb 25, 2018
hi,
Found that OK, I don't use the tlc271.
It appears that there are 3 Modes of operation, the Mode seems to effect the OPA output impedance which makes it difficult to calculate the output resistance.

Which OPA mode is the question stating.?
E
i am using High Bias Mode.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
You can see I have added the High Bias Mode to my post #10.
Use the Vout typical of 8.5v with a 10V supply and a 10k load , calculate the OPA output resistance .
Do you know how to do that.?
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
OK,
Most OPA's have an internal resistance, which is determined by design and the components used.
This means that when a external load is connected the current flowing in the load also flows thru the internal output resistance path.

This current flowing thru the internal output resistance causes a voltage drop at the output pin.
So in your question and datasheet, with a 10v supply and an external 10k load the voltage out is only 8.5v, so 1.5v has been dropped across the OPA's internal output resistance.
From that description you should be able to calculate the internal resistance..
Can you do that.?
E

EDIT:
May I ask what course work this question is based on.?

Attachments

Last edited:

Matherios

Joined Feb 25, 2018
OK,
Most OPA's have an internal resistance, which is determined by design and the components used.
This means that when a external load is connected the current flowing in the load also flows thru the internal output resistance path.

This current flowing thru the internal output resistance causes a voltage drop at the output pin.
So in your question and datasheet, with a 10v supply and an external 10k load the voltage out is only 8.5v, so 1.5v has been dropped across the OPA's internal output resistance.
From that description you should be able to calculate the internal resistance..
Can you do that.?
E

EDIT:
If i am not wrong the maximum Output Current Io=30mA and voltage drop on the internal resistor is 1.5v so the resistor should be Rout=50Ω

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
With a10k load and a 8.5Vout , thats I= 8.5v/10k = 850uA
With a 10v supply and only 8.5v out, it is losing 1.5v at 850uA, Zo [output resistance] = 1.5v/850uA = 1764R.

Show me how you got the Zo= 50R and the 30mA [ don't forget you have to use the known values from the datasheet 10V, 10k, 8.5v]

EDIT:

Matherios

Joined Feb 25, 2018
hi,
With a10k load and a 8.5Vout , thats I= 8.5v/10k = 850uA
With a 10v supply and only 8.5v out, it is losing 1.5v at 850uA, Zo [output resistance] = 1.5v/850uA = 1764R.

Show me how you got the Zo= 50R and the 30mA [ don't forget you have to use the known values from the datasheet 10V, 10k, 8.5v]

EDIT:
I found the Zo=50Ω from saying we have 1.5v drop on the internal resistor and i took from datasheet from maximum ratings(page 5)the maximum output current which is Io=30mA.
For a homework we have a circuit with single supply and we are using TLC271 with a load of 2KΩ.
We are trying to find the voltage output swing with 2kΩ load and that's why i made this thread.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I found the Zo=50Ω from saying we have 1.5v drop on the internal resistor and i took from datasheet from maximum ratings(page 5)the maximum output current which is Io=30mA.
hi M,
The OPA is not sourcing a 30mA with a 10k load and a 10v supply.
As I said calculate the output current for 8.5v across a 10k load. post #16.
E