Thought for the day...

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Saw a motorcyclist dump his bike in front of me. He sped around my left, passing in a huge hurry. An oncoming VW Bug was approaching with only one headlight lit. When the Bug passed under a streetlight the rider realized the danger and shot back in front of me (maybe 2 car lengths) and used a little too much back brake. Dumped the bike and flopped and rolled to a stop. And no, I came no where close to hitting him; I was driving a U-Haul, slow going up hill, which may account for his impatience.

As he flopped and rolled to a stop his bike, on its side, skidded and skidded and skidded down the road. We all stopped to lend aid until critical support could arrive. He wanted to decline getting into the ambulance because he lived just right up the street. Someone said "Well, your bike made it home."
Remember: Speed Kills.
While the wreckage seems severe, the debris - I would imagine - would be scattered a lot further along the roadway and the two vehicles in an impact like that usually end up a hundred feet or more apart. I can't imagine how that scene could be of a high speed collision. But hey! What do I know?!

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
One possible contributing factor could be the spare tire on the back left. Those are not meant for regular driving. They're for getting you off the road safely and to a station where you can get a tire repaired or replaced.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Speeding on HCRH must be a cardinal sin.

I just can't imagine. The car must have been doing over 50mph along a road with 35mph speed limit and 30mph posted around the bends.

Just next to Tad's Chicken'n Dumplins.

HCRH facing north
HCRH facing north.jpg

HCRH, turn around facing south:

HCRH facing south.jpg

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
No good deed goes unpunished.

https://www.kptv.com/news/sheriff-w...cle_cb3cb2d2-0f2b-11eb-9f93-67758439babf.html
ORCHARDS, WA (KPTV) - A woman stole a TV from a store, and then stole a vehicle from a good Samaritan who stopped because he thought she needed help.

The Clark County Sheriff’s Office released a photo of the suspect Thursday.

The investigation began at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Deputies said a woman stole a 65-inch TV from a Fred Meyer store in Orchards.

As she pushed it down the sidewalk, a man stopped to help. Deputies said the man thought the woman was struggling to move her TV.

The woman accepted his help, but then stole his vehicle with the TV inside.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It's just that I'd have expected to see more scatter among the debris.
Update:
Please slow down.

https://flashalert.net/id/MCSO/139285?alert=1
On October 18, 2020 at approximately 4:06pm deputies from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office (MCSO) responded to reports of a two-vehicle crash in the 1300 block of East Historic Columbia River Highway.

Deputies found a 1988 Beaver motorhome and a 1992 Lexus S40 sedan blocking the highway after being involved in a violent collision. Both occupants of the Lexus, DAVID JOVON COLLINS JR, age 18, and KEAUSHA TACHELLE MAUESBY, age 19, were pronounced deceased at the scene. The driver of the motorhome, BENJAMIN MICHAEL FELLER, age 46, was uninjured and cooperated with investigators.

The initial investigation has determined that the Lexus, which was traveling eastbound, crossed over the center line and crossed into the path of the Beaver, which was traveling westbound. Excessive speed by the Lexus is believed to be a contributing factor to the cause of the crash.