Thought for the day...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Remember when we could build circuits on terminal strips and run the connections over to the tube sockets?
1603954898134.png

Times just got a little bit more difficult.
(This is not an advertisement but is a comment on trends in packaging.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Now we need a robot to build a PCB for us and it has become impossible to do freehanded with the nearly microscopic size of the components.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I hated desoldering and desoldering 0402's by hand. And my hands aren't as steady as they once were. Under a microscope a tiny shake is a 6.8 on the Richter Scale.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
1203s I can handle. After I glue em down with some flux paste. Others suggested real cyanoacrylate glue to hold em in place. I tried to replace my son's bad pushbutton switch on a flight control board of his quadcopter. One SMD switch on, 3 0402s dislodged doing it and the board had to be replaced. No way I could put them back on.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
1203s I can handle. After I glue em down with some flux paste. Others suggested real cyanoacrylate glue to hold em in place. I tried to replace my son's bad pushbutton switch on a flight control board of his quadcopter. One SMD switch on, 3 0402s dislodged doing it and the board had to be replaced. No way I could put them back on.
Magnification and this works wonders. Brace the arm on the edge of the workplace and stick.

https://www.amazon.com/102ACA-Stainless-Holding-Magnetic-Tweezer/dp/B004UNEP5O

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Times just got a little bit more difficult.
(This is not an advertisement but is a comment on trends in packaging.
That photo with the circuit and the finger reminds me when the professor told us during finals that we could have our own notes, I wear glasses and I got a big idea put the possible answers to the questions of the exam on microfiche then attaching it to the inside of my tinted glasses with a very small Plano convex optic.it worked, and I felt bad like I got away with murder.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://apnews.com/article/election...tions-oregon-4feaaeb5e60f3a853810ae1853fb22ea
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — In what would be a first in the U.S., possession of small amounts of heroin, cocaine, LSD and other hard drugs could be decriminalized in Oregon under a ballot measure that voters are deciding on in Tuesday’s election.

Measure 110 is one of the most watched initiatives in Oregon because it would drastically change how the state’s justice system treats people caught with amounts for their personal use.

Instead of being arrested, going to trial and facing possible jail time, the users would have the option of paying $100 fines or attending new, free addiction recovery centers.
https://psychedelicreview.com/organization/the-oregon-psilocybin-society/
What is unique about OPS is their effort to legalize psychedelic mushrooms, not just their chemical components such as psilocybin and psilocin whether in their natural or synthetic forms. This is a critical point to distinguish because of the fact that taking psilocybin is very different from eating psychedelic mushrooms. Magic mushrooms contain a cocktail of chemical components (called derivatives) that work together via an entourage effect.