This 2012 nonsense is annoying

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
What happen Bill...got the dreaded no response server error. that I usually get
No sir! Twice the post was successful, twice I read it in the thread, and twice it's been deleted. No explanation. :confused:

Is that how things are moderated around here?:mad:

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Lilith...who the heck is that :confused:.
Now relegated to Jewish mythology. Lilith was supposed to be the first wife of Adam. It seems reference to it was mysteriously deleted from the Torah.

Like my recent post.

If you don't agree with something, just don't allow it to be published. Ahhh, I'm so glad we live in the age of enlightenment.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Now relegated to Jewish mythology. Lilith was supposed to be the first wife of Adam. It seems reference to it was mysteriously deleted from the Torah.

Like my recent post.

If you don't agree with something, just don't allow it to be published. Ahhh, I'm so glad we live in the age of enlightenment.
For crying out loud....:eek:

I though lilith was something the supernatural series made up..
lilith was a seal that had be broken to let the lucifer in to this world....that's total BS.... I watch em just for the kicks. I never ever believe in that.

Lilith is added by humans who re-wrote the Torah....and for this reason we never believe in it...but it was indeed the words of God then. Keep in mind that Torah was for a specific time period only and to them only it holds...never for us.
Torah was given to a specific messenger and after that it was useless. After that generation had passed Torah too was gone. What you have read is a make up by humans..who added what they like and committed what they do not like.
And it is for this reason my God had said not to believe what is now written in those books. Except Qur'an. God promised that he will Protect Qur'an from the hands of men.
Surprisingly no one actually realizes that Qur'an is protected and can never be changed.
This something every one had misunderstood.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Lilith is added by humans who re-wrote the Torah....and for this reason we never believe in it...but it was indeed the words of God then. Keep in mind that Torah was for a specific time period only and to them only it holds...never for us.
Torah was given to a specific messenger and after that it was useless. After that generation had passed Torah too was gone. What you have read is a make up by humans..who added what they like and committed what they do not like.
And it is for this reason my God had said not to believe what is now written in those books. Except Qur'an. God promised that he will Protect Qur'an from the hands of men.
Surprisingly no one actually realizes that Qur'an is protected and can never be changed.
This something every one had misunderstood.
All too often the sacred Hanif texts were altered.

On the Qur'an, some of the 'less accepted' Hadith allude that there may have been omissions from the original Qur'an. It may indeed not have changed since it's first compilation, but some believe there may have been omissions.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
This thread is at risk of being locked since it has drifted into a discussion of a non-electronic topic that tends to degenerate into a flame war.

hgmjr

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Funny how that works. To keep a lodge happy and running smooth there are two (and only two) forbidden topics, politics and religion.

Of course, when you talk about how the world is likely to end religion is bound to come up.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The topic of whether the world will or will not end in late 2012 makes an interesting subject for discussion. However, isn't it a more effective use of this forum membership's brain power to focus on solving our mutual electronic mysteries? That is what drew most of us to this forum in the first place. At least that is why I joined.

hgmjr

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
@hgmjr

This is off topic isn't it..
ah just checked the topic...it has drifted off topic, but hey this is what happens in off topic.....hee heehee I made a funny...

As for
@bill
Keep it simple.
I do not want a flame war. Arguing resolves nothing.

As for Qur'an being as it is since it was revealed is true for the fact that there are thousands of Muslims who know Qur'an by heart. This is what God meant when he said he will protect his book, his words. No one cannot take what is in a human's heart. They all sing the same song by heart. Not a single word is different, this I can vow on my life.

Can any of you show just one person who knows the bible or Torah by heart. I can bet my life on this. No one can show me anyone who knows even the bible by heart. This fact is simple enuf for any one to believe the truth.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
@hgmr,

We are not getting into flame wars. If you prefer, we can move this to a topic with another name?

Folks seem to be enjoying....

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
@hgmjr

This is off topic isn't it..
ah just checked the topic...it has drifted off topic, but hey this is what happens in off topic.....hee heehee I made a funny...
Yes r!f@@, this is the off topic section as you have stated. Remember that the description of the off topic forum is:

A place to discuss anything other than electronics with other members. General conversation allowed, but please have consideration for your fellow members.
The last sentence is key. When these discussions begin to take a direction that appears to be headed toward confrontation, then it is the responsibility of the moderators to limit the banter from ending up in a flame war.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
@hgmr,

We are not getting into flame wars. If you prefer, we can move this to a topic with another name?

Folks seem to be enjoying....
Perhaps the thread has not reached that level yet but the shortcoming of replies is that one cannot easily discern when the member is jesting or serious. This is why flame wars get triggered in the first place.

hgmjr

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
@bill
Keep it simple.
I do not want a flame war.
Neither do I.

As for Qur'an being as it is since it was revealed is true for the fact that there are thousands of Muslims who know Qur'an by heart. This is what God meant when he said he will protect his book, his words. No one cannot take what is in a human's heart. They all sing the same song by heart. Not a single word is different, this I can vow on my life.
Yes, many of my Muslim friends can quote it.

Can any of you show just one person who knows the bible or Torah by heart. I can bet my life on this. No one can show me anyone who knows even the bible by heart. This fact is simple enuf for any one to believe the truth.
Some can. True, not many.

BTW, few rabbis will admit the Torah does not represent the true word of God. Just like Muslims believe the Qur'an does. Even the Qur'an alludes to the truth of the Torah. However, there are inconsistencies.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Bill...I see why the mod's deleted them posts and it shud not be here. I agree with Mod's on this. Anyways you can email me those things, and I will be happy to tell u anything u need to know.
I am not here to force any one onto my belief. All I can do is show the truth and open ur eyes to things that non of you have ever dreamed of.The rest is up to you.

So..tell me..who want's to talk about the end of the world and how terrifying that day truly is? :D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
However, there are inconsistencies.
I did not understand you...keep in mind that I am a simple man. And my native language prevents me from understanding some deep English words.
It takes a little bit of reading form my side to get some things into my tiny brain :p

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
As long as the discussion is kept simple and absent proselytizing then the thread can be constructive.

It would be better if the arch of the discussion could be steered back to whether you share the OP's original comment about the doomsday prediction around the end of 2012.

My own feeling about the topic is that whether the world will or will not end in 2012 is not as important as whether one of the newbies that has joined this forum with a question gets the answer he/she needs.

hgmjr

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I agree, but this is the off topic forum. This is the place to discuss the trivia outside the main focus of the site.

Me, I'm printing books for Christmas carols while I type this.

As for the end of the world, I don't see anything I worry about yet. Me and mine will be gone if we are dumb enough to let it happen, though I do see some unpleasant times in the short time I might get to see the start of.

I tend to go with Robert Heinlein's philosophy, Bad times for the individual are good times for the race.