The pets of AAC...

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

What's that you say, this isnt a real live animal?
You're right, it's not, but it's a perfect image of a real animal that i encountered when i visited my great friend in California. It was a real doggie of course and looked just like this stuffed animal.
She was such an affectionate doggie, more than i've ever encountered before. It would jump up on me when i layed on the couch and nuzzle in between my arm and body side. She was so cute really.
Also, quite intelligent. She could tell when i was about to eat something as she would run over to me as soon as i opened the food package and start to bark slightly as if to ask for a bite. Funny thing that doggie was maybe 16 inches long if that but it ate more that i did :)
I loved that doggie and so it became my favorite doggie in the whole world. It's too bad i have not had the chance to get back out there again yet to see my friend and that adorable pet. Soon again i hope.

Another funny thing i did not even know i had that stuffed animal until i got back from CA. I found it on one of my shelves and remembered it was given to me as a gift years ago from another friend. What a coincidence it looks just like my friends doggie.

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I can't find the link but my niece Andrea had a close girlfriend through college. The girl served in the military dog handler in Afghanistan. When their tour is over they lose their dog they have eaten with slept with and worked with. Here in the US we have a few volunteer agencies who work to bring these dogs home and reunite them with their handlers. This girl had no clue her dog was coming home and neither did the dog. The video was incredible and even brought a tear to my eye. Wish I could find the link.

While my wife was in rehab for several months I took the one dog to visit, all the patients loved him. Charlotte our Golden at about 2 years old was just too active, I was afraid she would knock a patient down so never took her. When Kathy came home after about 3 months Charlotte went ballistic licking her and making crying sounds.

Ron

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
When I make the rounds at the Mayo Clinic they have service dogs and handlers going around to the waiting rooms and hospital rooms. Some are very unusual breeds that I have never seen before which is highly unusual.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 39