The newbie searching the resources of how to program robotics and micro controllers.

will.mrt7

Joined Nov 4, 2017
Hey everyone,

I just stumble upon this site, while trying to learn more! I am a tech at a low voltage company. I work with access controls panels, cameras and Alarm panels. I also code as a hobby. I love working working with electronic, but there is a world i need to learn. My goal at some point is to get into robotics and micro controllers, but i have a long road a head of me. I have 2 beautiful little girls so school is not an option at the moment, i have to teach my self. If any one knows of any resources or step by step programs that would get a passionate newbie like me there, feel free to share : )
Cheers everyone!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hey everyone,

I just stumble upon this site, while trying to learn more! I am a tech at a low voltage company. I work with access controls panels, cameras and Alarm panels. I also code as a hobby. I love working working with electronic, but there is a world i need to learn. My goal at some point is to get into robotics and micro controllers, but i have a long road a head of me. I have 2 beautiful little girls so school is not an option at the moment, i have to teach my self. If any one knows of any resources or step by step programs that would get a passionate newbie like me there, feel free to share : )
Cheers everyone!
I would start out with an ARDUINO module. A micro controller mounted on a board with voltage regulator and a standard set of input output pins (headers). The headers accept a wide range of "shields" that can plug into those headers - shields are available for many types of sensors, motor drivers, and almost any other possible thing you'll need (want) to get started.

Program with a simple usb cable and free software on a laptop. Many standard libraries of code are available to interface with display shields, motor driver shields, sensor shields, ...

will.mrt7

Joined Nov 4, 2017
I would start out with an ARDUINO module. A micro controller mounted on a board with voltage regulator and a standard set of input output pins (headers). The headers accept a wide range of "shields" that can plug into those headers - shields are available for many types of sensors, motor drivers, and almost any other possible thing you'll need (want) to get started.

Program with a simple usb cable and free software on a laptop. Many standard libraries of code are available to interface with display shields, motor driver shields, sensor shields, ...
Thank you so much for the Info!! I was actually looking at one online.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014

Also there are very helpful forums full of people who know all there is to know about them.
https://forum.arduino.cc/