The genius of Apollo

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
On the anniversary of the moon landing, we're also hearing that the whole thing was hoax.

I don't know whether it is - or isn't a hoax, but it's definitely worth considering.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
And there are in fact a lot of conspiracies to theorize about.

I'm just wondering it there is any practical way to prove that the moon landing was either true or false.
Just ask the guys that received the video and telemetry from the lander.
https://www.theguardian.com/science...ralia-broadcast-the-moon-landing-to-the-world
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07...g-footage-sent-via-honeysuckle-creek/11273724

I'm pretty sure our friends in the USSR were listening too. They have never said it was faked.

Last edited:

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
On the anniversary of the moon landing, we're also hearing that the whole thing was hoax.
I don't know whether it is - or isn't a hoax, but it's definitely worth considering.
It's a great test of ones ability to impartially examine evidence and get to the truth ....

It was in 1999 that I first became convinced it was hoaxed , one video packed in a great deal of information on many different points ...

I was gob smacked , in a state of shock ... I told everyone I met ..."it was faked " ....

Since then I've continued to explore everything on the subject , there's so much information ....

The Russians knew it was faked ... KGB defectors have said they did exactly the same thing , once a cosmonaut was a public figure they never sent him up because if there was an accident and he was killed they couldn't cover up the failure . They sent up a stand in , and if the stand in got fried , (often the case) , they staged managed the return to Earth and the mission was hailed a success ....

That was the reason Apollo was faked ... why take the risk of a failure while the world was watching . This was during the cold war , a failure could be perceived by the Soviets as an indication of weakness in rocket technology , the same rocket technology that delivers nukes , the Soviets could have tried a first strike ... So NASA told those involved this had to be faked , and was about national security, protecting America from possible attack

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Really?
So you believe the US spend billions of dollars and several years of effort by thousands of people to build a huge rocket and moon lander to fake a moon landing, and not one person who worked on the fake has revealed that? :rolleyes:
You'd have to add to that the geologists that studied the rock samples, the guys at multiple points on the Earth in charge of comms whose dishes were pointed straight at the moon, the Japanese, Indians, Russians and Chinese whose probes have taken high resolution pictures of the landing sites, and so on..

And yet, some people insist on believing the most fantastic and elaborate fraud in human history, that would have cost more to put together than the mission itself... yeah, right...

When someone becomes convinced that the sky isn't blue and that the sun doesn't really shine, there will never be an argument, however reasonable and fundamented on verifiable proof, that will get that idea out of his head.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The probability of a conspiracy being successfully pulled off goes down like an exponential in the number of people involved. For n > 2 it is very difficult. Why? Basically, as you get more people involved, it is in someone's self interest to reveal the hoax. A conspiracy involving 1000s of people is absolutely impossible.

Bob

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It's a great test of ones ability to impartially examine evidence and get to the truth ....

It was in 1999 that I first became convinced it was hoaxed , one video packed in a great deal of information on many different points ...

I was gob smacked , in a state of shock ... I told everyone I met ..."it was faked " ....

Since then I've continued to explore everything on the subject , there's so much information ....

The Russians knew it was faked ... KGB defectors have said they did exactly the same thing , once a cosmonaut was a public figure they never sent him up because if there was an accident and he was killed they couldn't cover up the failure . They sent up a stand in , and if the stand in got fried , (often the case) , they staged managed the return to Earth and the mission was hailed a success ....

That was the reason Apollo was faked ... why take the risk of a failure while the world was watching . This was during the cold war , a failure could be perceived by the Soviets as an indication of weakness in rocket technology , the same rocket technology that delivers nukes , the Soviets could have tried a first strike ... So NASA told those involved this had to be faked , and was about national security, protecting America from possible attack
That was a great troll.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017

Now that would be even more impressive than the moonshot it was faking. Because there were a hell of a lot of people working on that program. And lest we forget, so many others observing the mission all the while.

I would say unless the clamoring gets loud enough then it's probably just a theory. But even the basic premise. Consider for a moment just how cocksure NASA was back in those days. No guts no glory. And God on our side of course.

Anyhow it would probably not be too difficult to set the matter to rest using plain old science. For example the video stream would have to perfectly trace out the actual calculated effect of lunar gravity for a given kinematic system (astronaut walking, ship touching down, etc). In fact it's likely that many other layers of information are packed into those streams as well which could also be used in the analysis. Doppler shifts. Transmission delay times. Electronic "echos" of all sorts.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Eventually we will be back, and the Apollo landing craft will become a national park for the 1st extra terrestrial nation. I can only hope it won't be salvaged for its elements, there was a lot of gold on that Mylar sheath (to block infra red heat).

Conspiracy theorist love their theories and no amount of evidence will change their minds. I think these may be the same people who believe the government reads their minds by beaming microwaves into their homes. Given that they believe in conspiracy theories, I don't think the government would think it worthwhile to read their minds!