Switching Box for Transducers measuerment

mdarabi

Joined Aug 12, 2015
Hi everyone.

I want to measure the thickness of plastic. Because of the expensive devices for transducer I just have one device that I can read the data from it. But I want to measure 4 different points with some delay. I want to design a switching box that the input comes from the ultrasonic device and send it to point A and measure the thickness of point A and after 1 second send the signal to point B ad measure the point B and after 1 second send the signal to point C and measure the point C and the same for point D. The switching frequency should be 5MHz. Is anyone can help me ?

Thanks
Mostafa

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
If you are redirecting the signal at 1 second intervals why do you want a switching frequency of 5MHz? Or do you mean that the switch must be able to pass 5MHz signals?
What voltage and current need to be switched?

mdarabi

Joined Aug 12, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
If you are redirecting the signal at 1 second intervals why do you want a switching frequency of 5MHz? Or do you mean that the switch must be able to pass 5MHz signals?
What voltage and current need to be switched?
Yes The switch must be able to pass 5MHz signals because of transducer's frequency. I have not received my package yet to know about the current and voltage but I wanted to know how to design the switching box