Square wave 0-10volts to -5 +5 volts

Tony Elliott

Joined May 8, 2015
So you are using a 12 V battery for the square wave generator circuit? And you are using the bench supply for the voltage translation circuit? How are you connecting the circuits to establish a common ground? Is the bench supply bipolar?

Are you planning on using the battery and the bench supply for this system after you have finished developing it?

I have no idea what you mean by "high to LFO". How about some values? You lowest frequency square wave of interest is how many Hz? You highest frequency square wave of interest is how many Hz?
Actual numbers...? To repeat post #17:
"What is the minimum and maximum frequency of your square wave that needs to work?"

Also, with a single power supply you cannot get an output signal that extends down to -5 V (5 volts below ground) without some capacitors somewhere. Post #2/4 is the easiest if you can tolerate the startup transient. (BTW, a 555 has one also.) More complicated is building a charge pump to produce something around -10 V for the negative rail of the opamp in post #6. See that V- in your schematic? That ain't ground.

ak
I'm in the studio today in about four hours so I'll post the frequency range in Hz. An LFO is a synth thing it means: Low Frequency Oscillator.

Tony Elliott

Joined May 8, 2015
So you are using a 12 V battery for the square wave generator circuit? And you are using the bench supply for the voltage translation circuit? How are you connecting the circuits to establish a common ground? Is the bench supply bipolar?

Are you planning on using the battery and the bench supply for this system after you have finished developing it?

I have no idea what you mean by "high to LFO". How about some values? You lowest frequency square wave of interest is how many Hz? You highest frequency square wave of interest is how many Hz?
Yes 12v battery for squarewave circuit. I have a bench power supply. Ideally I will run this new circuit from a -12 GND +12 from my Eurorack power supply. (Row Power 4MS)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Yes 12v battery for squarewave circuit. I have a bench power supply. Ideally I will run this new circuit from a -12 GND +12 from my Eurorack power supply. (Row Power 4MS)
So what are you going to use this bench supply for? Does it have -12 V, GND, +12 V outputs?