show your picture,one by one

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
10,007
Since this thread is turning out to be a photo shoot, let me show u somethings from my side. U can see What I have been up to these days.

First pic shows a glance at the second slab work which has started after a long time out.



The others are just some pics I snapped while the water company is laying our new Fresh water pipe in to our new building. The hose has to be pretty tough to handle the supply to 7 floors.








U know these guys use pretty high tech pipe joining methods. They don't use glue. Instead the joint and everything else is fused by applying voltage to the needed part. I got to see how this works.

 

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
5,934
Since this thread is turning out to be a photo shoot, let me show u somethings from my side. U can see What I have been up to these days.

First pic shows a glance at the second slab work which has started after a long time out.

Unfounded rumours has it that R!f@@ has a hammock under the striped piece of cloth. He has well...ah..hmm..supervision of the operations from that spot. He is very devoted to his duty. Spending all day at his command center:p.
 
Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
To6, I post so much stuff you would think that I would be first in any thing.
But I have not got my picture posted yet,I don't how well you are known
in your area,I am quite well known so I have better chance of being known
even on the internet. I am not famous,maybe infamous to some people,like
say they like or dislike depending on who it is.I am trying,when I take the
time to learn to post picture from disc.I have disc ready to go.I have photos
software and disc and have selected some pictures.I just have to learn to
put ia all together. I want to play fair,what do you expect to see,how to
you have me pictured. Tall,short,fat.skinny,any hints on the real loosewire
and the computer loosewire. Do you beleave in rejunination. We use to zap
picture tubes to make them brighter.Should I be a shining star.
 

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
10,007
Unfounded rumours has it that R!f@@ has a hammock under the striped piece of cloth. He has well...ah..hmm..supervision of the operations from that spot. He is very devoted to his duty. Spending all day at his command center:p.
Say what? :confused::confused:

{ed}
Now I get it...that strip cloth is to put some shade on the guys who are working there...I will get some cool snap shots later ...I just snapped form my iPhone. So it is somewhat not too good....and I don't have a hammock. I will show u later.
 

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
Riaff,post the pictures separate so we get to 666 reserved
for you ,keep an eye on the numbers and let the guys know
you are around so you don't miss that number.
 

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
1,227
U know these guys use pretty high tech pipe joining methods. They don't use glue. Instead the joint and everything else is fused by applying voltage to the needed part. I got to see how this works.

Did you happen to get any pics of their power-supply or what kinda voltage they were using?
That sounds very interesting.
 

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
John, you know your stuff,always good information on most subjects.
Kicking the can down the road .One thing off topic has helped me,I
am typeing much faster. Don't use spell check.
 

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
10,007
The joint is like any other, instead it has two banana kinda terminals. I checked one and it says 37.5V for something like 40 seconds. The PSU is a digitally controlled one, with reprogrammed functions. Just plug in the jack terminals, set the desired program timing and let it stay for the said duration. that's it. The joint withstands high pressures of fresh water. The pipe supplies water to all the seven floors of my building.

I did look inside the joint, there is nothing much to see, except I kinda saw some copper coil kinda wires inside the joint. I think it heats and fuses the PVC piping.
I think they can remove the joints the same way.

I'll check today and will try to get some more shots
 
Top