show your picture,one by one

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
In these sort of "museum" pieces, such as BS Texas, much of that stuff has been removed. Some of the pieces are mearly mock-ups of the orignial equipment, built from old drawings. Many of these ships fall into disrepair before being brought back. Not sure if that has happened to this one, but it is typical.
Perhaps that's why we weren't allowed to go in the bridge. Maybe it had been gutted and they didn't have the money to replace the stuff. From what I gathered, they were short on funding. There were 2 or 3 staff for the whole thing that I saw, including the gift shop clerk. I also saw bumper stickers that said "Save Battleship Texas." The things that I saw appeared authentic though. I did not see anything that was obviously a recreation.
 

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
2,390
Just being able to visit a turn of the (last) century battleship is a heck of a special deal. That ship is a treasure, just as it is.
 

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
The man of many faces ,a mans....man tough company...no silly remarks in this mans world.

Unless you post your picture....you silly guy......
 
Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
Even when they're all grey:D:D
Outstanding sir!

My dad has the same problem as me; baby face. Seems he and I both get 5 to 10 new facial hairs per year. a couple of years ago he decided to go ahead and try growing his beard out again, as he does every 5 or 10 years or so. Finally, at the age of 55, he can grow a full mustache-connected goatee. But it doesn't connect to his sideburns, and his cheekbones are still bare.

I'm 27 and can only grow a patch on the tip my chin. I have hairs sporadically all in the normal beard area, but not nearly thick enough to call a beard.

Maybe when I get to be an old timer, I'll be able to grow a big grey beard - wishful thinking.
 

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
3,534
Outstanding sir!

My dad has the same problem as me; baby face. Seems he and I both get 5 to 10 new facial hairs per year. a couple of years ago he decided to go ahead and try growing his beard out again, as he does every 5 or 10 years or so. Finally, at the age of 55, he can grow a full mustache-connected goatee. But it doesn't connect to his sideburns, and his cheekbones are still bare.

I'm 27 and can only grow a patch on the tip my chin. I have hairs sporadically all in the normal beard area, but not nearly thick enough to call a beard.

Maybe when I get to be an old timer, I'll be able to grow a big grey beard - wishful thinking.
At least you get some!

I'm stuck with just neck-beard. I go through periods of delighting in how slow my facial hair grows, having to shave every two days, and being angry I can't use my facial hair to warm my whole torso...
 
Top