Relocate LCD control board switches using TTP223

MS85

Joined Jun 6, 2020
Hi,

so, here's the deal: I'm assembling a Raspberry based magicmirror. The control board I'm using to manage the LCD has a satellite board with 5 temporary switches to regulate audio volume, screen menu and a master. I need to relocate the switches since the shape of the board is unpractical.

Since I have to do that, I would like to use some TTP223s I spared from the system 220V master switch I made with another TTP223 and a relay.

The control board runs on 12V but the tension on the satellite switches is 3.3. My doubt is: how do I operate the TTP223 on the board? Can I do it directly and how to wire everything?

IMG_6534.jpg

(nevermind the cables, I was testing some physical switches)

It's probably trivial but, with no specific competence, I'm a little stuck on it.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
control board runs on 12V but the tension on the satellite switches is 3.3
Hello there. Please forgive me but I must ask.What sort of tension or force is being is applied to the satellite switches.& Is that supposed to be 3.3 Newtons or Volts. :)

MS85

Joined Jun 6, 2020
Well, since the Newton is a unit of force while I wrote "tension", I guess we can assume I meant 3.3V

Now, do you also have a possible solution on the topic?

MS85

Joined Jun 6, 2020
One way is to use the TIP223 output drive an opto isolator then it can switch the 12V without problems.
I did not think about that. So I can basically still power the TTPs with the same power source I'm using for the master switch and use a 5 or 5+ channels isolator to communicate with the satellite board, just like I would use a relay set. I guess it is also more reliable than using relays.

Thanks for your feedback :)