Q Multilevel Inverter

micro1

Joined Feb 22, 2015
HI all, I have questions about the Multilevel Inverter:

1. how the reactive power flow can be controlled by diode-clamped inverter?
  2. why the real power flow is difficult to control in diode-clamped inverter?
  3. why need high voltage rating diodes to block the reverse voltages in diode-clamped inverter?
  4. how the active and reactive power flow can be controlled by capacitor clamped inverter?
  5. why complex control is required to maintain the capacitor’s voltage balance in capacitor clamped inverter?
thank you.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
HI all, I have questions about the Multilevel Inverter:

1. how the reactive power flow can be controlled by diode-clamped inverter?
  2. why the real power flow is difficult to control in diode-clamped inverter?
  3. why need high voltage rating diodes to block the reverse voltages in diode-clamped inverter?
  4. how the active and reactive power flow can be controlled by capacitor clamped inverter?
  5. why complex control is required to maintain the capacitor’s voltage balance in capacitor clamped inverter?
thank you.

Homework?
A repair?
Designing something?

micro1

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Homework?
A repair?
Designing something?

not homework
just I would like to understand it what in side the multilevel inverter, this questions in my mind. why & how, I read papers and theses but I did not find the answer.
thank you

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
you can answer on the required questions, depend on you.
thank you
If you ask a question about a schematic or a design theory, we are all usually willing to help answer a question and point out a detail. However, we are usually reluctant to go find a schematic for you, track down the particular area of the schematic and write a long explanation of what we think you are asking. The threads are much more likely to address your specific question if you show us what you are asking.

micro1

Joined Feb 22, 2015
If you ask a question about a schematic or a design theory, we are all usually willing to help answer a question and point out a detail. However, we are usually reluctant to go find a schematic for you, track down the particular area of the schematic and write a long explanation of what we think you are asking. The threads are much more likely to address your specific question if you show us what you are asking.
actually I read about multilevel inverter and I have questions about multilevel inverter, I don't know what the answer it need schematic or design theory. However if the answer need schematic or design theory kindly do it to help me!.
thank you

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
actually I read about multilevel inverter
Since you read the multilevel inverter and then it should be have the circuit over there, otherwise why you asked the theory, so from the beginning where you read and make a links or upload the pdf file or any info your read.