PWM for power led

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That schematic refers to a motor, and what resistor are you planning on using for the LED? It is incomplete. It is simple to add a transistor for a driver.

You really need a second resistor in that path. If the knob is turned all the way one way or another you are connecting the output directly to the capacitor through the diode. This will create some intense short term surges.

BG79

Joined Apr 19, 2011
That schematic refers to a motor, and what resistor are you planning on using for the LED? It is incomplete. It is simple to add a transistor for a driver.

You really need a second resistor in that path. If the knob is turned all the way one way or another you are connecting the output directly to the capacitor through the diode. This will create some intense short term surges.
It was the simplest PWM that I found with easy-to-find parts. What would be the best use for this PWM? Conect a single resistor to the LED or conect a linear driver to it? I already have an working driver, but I tought I wouldn´t need it if the PWM was sending the correct current to the LED.
I´m using a XPE LED. It´s about 3.2V. 500mAh is easy for it to deal.

About the transistor, I have some IRFZ44N here. May I use it for the driver? Where should it go in that circuit?

Thanks for the help. I realy enjoy studing electronics, but it´s not my main area, so I dont´t know that much about it (already working on it).