Pulsed electrostatic field between 2 capacitor plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan Schmidt 2

Joined Sep 6, 2018
Hi. I'd like to produce an electrostatic field pulsed at a certain frequency of around 20-40 Hz between 2 copper plates. I know I would probably need a function generator, but how would the circuit look? Just connect one output + and - to the capacitor plates or would I need anything else? I also had in mind using 2 outputs, one for constant voltage on one plate, one pulsed at a frequency connected to a transistor shorting the plates. I'm sry it's probably a dumb question for some of you guys, but please have mercy, electrical stuff was always my absolute weakness and when I understood it finally, I forgot a few weeks later.
Thanks!

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
That's all you need to do to create an electric field -just have two conductors at different voltages. I have used an ordinary function generator to do this in order to test instrumentation at low volts per meter..

How stroug do you want the field to be and how far apart will the plates be?

Stefan Schmidt 2

Joined Sep 6, 2018
What's the objective of this project?
I've heard that it's possible to germinate GMO Seeds in a capacitance field that's pulsed at a certain frequency and you get the original DNA back. It should even work if you just put the irrigation water used to germinate in such a field for a while, the seeds will produce non GMO plants. Just want to test this out, doesn't hurt you know.

That's all you need to do to create an electric field -just have two conductors at different voltages. I have used an ordinary function generator to do this in order to test instrumentation at low volts per meter..

How stroug do you want the field to be and how far apart will the plates be?
I really don't know how strong it has to be, but I think not that strong. The plates will be 5-7 cm apart maximum. To create a stronger field I would need more voltage right, not amps? I found a company that manufactures voltage amplifiers for function generators that can output a few kv. I know this would get dangerous, but I would take safety precautions and put a plastic container around it before I switch on or something similar. So would one output be enough?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I've heard that it's possible to germinate GMO Seeds in a capacitance field that's pulsed at a certain frequency and you get the original DNA back. It should even work if you just put the irrigation water used to germinate in such a field for a while, the seeds will produce non GMO plants. Just want to test this out, doesn't hurt you know.
I wouldn't spend much money on this experiment.

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
You will undoubtedly learn a few things with this experiment. Try real hard to not learn what a high voltage shock feels like.

A "few" KV at 5 cm can get you many thousands of volts per meter which is a pretty intense field. I suggest that you look through the available literature to get an idea of what field strength is necessary, and then don't use any more voltage than you need to get that.

One voltage source is probably enough then you can have one plate grounded so you at least know it is safe to touch all the time.It also simplifies your measurements since you can measure with respect to ground.

Good to be aware of: The air between the plates will begin conducting (break down) near 3 megavolts per meter. That would probably be bad.

I the field is not changing you will only have to worry about leakage current. If you will be pulsing the field then you need to shoot for particular rise and fall times. If linear rising and falling edges the current necessary is equal to the change in voltage per second times the capacitance between the plates because current other than leakage current should only need to be drawn by the plates when the voltage between them changes.

At the URL below is a description of how to calculate the capacitance between the plates.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/pplate.html

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
So you have access to a machine that can measure seed DNA?

Offhand the idea that an electric field will change a GMO seed back to a non-GMO seed sounds preposterous. :rolleyes:
Don't you know that "primeval cereals" are generated by an electric field. If you expose seeds to an electrostatic field their ancient DNA will be awakened.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
I would dismiss all of that as complete and utter nonsense. There simply is zero plausibility. Somehow inserted genes would have to be susceptible to the electrostatic field in a way that would keep them from being expressed, while other genes wouldn't be. Inserted genes are still made of the same base pairs as all the rest.

The bit about water is even more absurd.

Help him if you want, but you're helping him to waste his time and money.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
This is a good one. best one I've heard for a while. I love this place.

Edit: and by the way.......ALL of the food you now eat.......is GMO. We have GMOed all of our food for thousands of years.

Last edited:

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
Stephan, if you go ahead with the experiments, it is important to be aware of corona discharge, which can begin at a few kilovolts in air. You can find lots of info about it on the web. The Wikipedia article looks like a reasonable introduction.

Corona discharge will cause current flow that can be much greater than what is required to set up the field (charge the capacitance) and will also make it difficult to get a uniform electrostatic field between the plates.

To reduce problems with corona, be sure to avoid sharp edges and pointed corners on the plates. If you use copper plates and solder wires to them, try to make the solder joints smooth and rounded.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

Real quick, if you build up a field between two plates to the point of near arc over and then insert something into that field between the two plates, the item inserted could easily act as a conductor and thus reduce the gap length which in turn reduces the arc length which of course means an arc may form. This could mean that for the highest intensity fields the best way would be to build up the field with the item already inserted between the plates so you can test the arc over point at the same time.
Obviously there must be current limiting along with the voltage generation.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I've heard that it's possible to germinate GMO Seeds in a capacitance field that's pulsed at a certain frequency and you get the original DNA back.
Don't see that happening, but you could even modify the DNA more. When I was young, my dad worked where they Xrayed steel weldments, for quality control. The guys there would expose different flower bulbs to the xrays, and then plant them. We had some very weird colors and funny looking tulips in the flower bed.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
This is a good one. best one I've heard for a while. I love this place.
Yup. We've encountered Voodoo Electronics, Voodoo Physics, and now we've got Voodoo Biology and Voodoo Genetics. The tidbit about the irrigation water was a nice added touch.

We get silly nonsense like this, born of ignorance and gullibility, about once a month or so. It's briefly entertaining, but also saddening as it says (to me, anyway) there must be something terribly wrong with our education system.

Stefan Schmidt 2

Joined Sep 6, 2018
Thanks anybody that gave me hints and clues how to make this pulsed capacitance field work, really appreciate your trust and maturity. I probably won't need more than a few hundred volts maximum, so no worries please.
To anybody who thinks he is far ahead of the alternative thinking people because he just won't even glimpse outside the box, you should either change or you'll be traumatized by how the world will look like in the next decades and what will be possible and what will finally be set free.
The capacitance field is not needed for germinating seeds with their natural DNA as this can easily be done with liquid CO2 GaNS and I verified that by biting in the sour apple and trying it despite everyone saying it won't work. The capacitance pulsed at 30-40 Hz depending on the earths magnetic field is needed for a different reason, which can't be told on most forums for this exact reason of immaturity that is needed for interference in someone elses reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.