Proper way to joint two AWG 28 wire together ?

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Proper way to joint two AWG 28 wire together ?, one is solid and one is flexible, how to joint that wire properly and massively and easely ?, about 200 connections need to be jointed

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Twist-solder-insulate and you are done. The insulation should be heat shrink tubing so it also offers some strain relief to "soften" then bend at the end of the solder.

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
How are the conductors arranged? Are the individual or in a multi conductor cable? Are the exposed to the outdoors? Are they in a cabinet?
Individually, that cable came from cat 5e 8 core wire, but connected individually, previously we only use western union and tape, but that joint technique isn't really good

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Individually, that cable came from cat 5e 8 core wire, but connected individually, previously we only use western union and tape, but that joint technique isn't really good
Well, it would help to know how they are being used. Do they have to stand up to the weather? Are they in a cabinet? Are they bundled in any way?

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
What I might do is to put RJ45 connectors on both ends and use a coupler. Make sure you get the RJ45 connectors for both solid and stranded or the one used for both.

https://www.thebroadcastbridge.com/...4-awg-26-awg-and-28-awg-network-cables-differ

A 110 punch down block https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/110_block might work, but I don't know if it;s OK for stranded wires.

I'd say solder and adhesive heat shrink but 200 connections, no.
Yes... in one side I use RJ45 and cat5e, but cat5e is connected to 28awg wire individually, I was think to make controller redesign with RJ45 port inside instead individually 28 awg female ports, but now that think isn't possible (because deadline time and cost)

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Well, it would help to know how they are being used. Do they have to stand up to the weather? Are they in a cabinet? Are they bundled in any way?
Is in the cabinet, and only small cabinet, about 30 cm x 40 cm x 15 cm (L x W x H)