Project Locate & Move Objects

rt694157

Joined Dec 15, 2019
I watched this video on youtube, I found it very interesting I am looking more information about this And it will be very difficult to find

Not much deep information is known about the machine, I don't have any idea which microcontroller sensors they are using I want to know that if I want to make a project like this, which electronics part will need to make this type of project.

Can you guess what the major parts of electronics component can be?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Here is what you need.

1) Conveyor belt and driver motor
2) 2-axis translation stage, x and z motion, 2 stepper motors and drive electronics.
3) Pick-up mechanism, either magnetic or suction
4) Camera
5) Power supplies
6) Computer
7) Computer software
8) Miscellaneous hardware

plus minimum 1-2 years experience in mechatronics and computer systems design.

rt694157

Joined Dec 15, 2019
Here is what you need.
@MrChips Thank you so much it is an helpful answer. I wonder you haven't confirmed whether the microcontroller will be used in it or not ?

It is important to know about microcontrollers because I think we can use rtos in it. I know my question has just changed organically I was looking for projects on YouTube that require rtos.

I have only two questions

1) Has any microcontroller been used in this project ? I think it would have been used because connecting all models with computers would not be suitable.

2) Will rtos be needed in this project ? I think rtos should be used due to the time critical condition of the object detection

any help highly appreciated

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
It looks to me like this is a pretty trivial task. A broken beam sensor stops the conveyor and signals moving arm to go through a pre-programmed sequence to pick up the disk and move it to the chute. When the beam is clear again, the conveyor restarts.

A very simple microcontroller program can run this, no rtos needed.

Bob

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You can use a microcontroller or you can do it without a microcontroller.
You can do it with RTOS or you can do it without RTOS.

I am in the process of building a 6-axis robotic arm. I am using an MCU without RTOS.

rt694157

Joined Dec 15, 2019
I am in the process of building a 6-axis robotic arm. I am using an MCU without RTOS.
So good, Can you tell which microcontroller and which language you are using in the project ?

Yes i agree with you But when we have two paths, one can choose the best way. We can't travel on both paths

I have two options with a microcontroller without a microcontroller ? with rtos or without rtos ?

I need to choose a paths that would useful in project, that I have asked

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
It reminds of toys I saw when I as a kid in Germany. They had little trucks that received a ball in their bed, wound their way up a hill, and dumped the ball into a chute with the next truck waiting for it as the bottom. Clever design: the trucks were moved by a rotating coil spring with a little protrusion from the bottom of the truck going between two coils.

Bob

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I have built an 12 channel animatronic figure, using an Arduino Mega, no OS (RTOS or other) and it’s programmed in C (Arduino variant).

The response time of the mechanics is so slow, that using an RTOS complicates things. I recommend no RTOS.