PROJECT BRIEF - Countdown Timer

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
According to post #1, the product counts down only, not up. Does it have to be programmable? That is, do you want to be able to set it to a specific number of hours, minutes, and seconds, and then count down from there? What happens when it gets to all zeros, stop or reload?

ak

capturefilms

Joined Nov 19, 2019
Yes. If I help you design it, I have no product liability responsibility and I can walk away from it at any time. I don't have to take your written and spoken requirements and turn that in to a specification for what you really want.

Could probably bang out the Arduino code in less than a day and design the hardware in a few hours (at most). If I designed it, I need to spend time understanding your requirements, writing a project proposal, having it approved by my attorney, and iterate until the spec is correct. Then I need to design and build according to your schedule. Even if you want to build it, I'd need to build it myself first to make sure it met specifications.

I found some displays here, but none are exactly what you want and they're all bigger than 2.5"x6".
No thank you.

capturefilms

Joined Nov 19, 2019
According to post #1, the product counts down only, not up. Does it have to be programmable? That is, do you want to be able to set it to a specific number of hours, minutes, and seconds, and then count down from there? What happens when it gets to all zeros, stop or reload?

ak
We want to to be programmable so we can set it at different times.

capturefilms

Joined Nov 19, 2019
That's your loss.

Your inability to conduct yourself in an adult manner; your failure to read and understand a simple half page brief; sentences such as “I don't have to take your written and spoken requirements and turn that in to a specification for what you really want.” and “...having it approved by my attorney” and, finally, your incredibly overinflated value of your time, suggest, in fact, the it is not my loss at all.
MOD: No obscene language, any further outburst and you will be Banned.

Last edited by a moderator: