Power output when specific distance is passed in an analog circuit

steedy77

Joined Apr 20, 2022
Hi,
I have the speed which I can integrate using an op-amp to get the distance. I have a power output from a retro-reflective sensor when a certain point is passed. I was wondering if a device (capacitor maybe?) could store the distance traveled when it receives the power output from the retro-reflective sensor and then give a power output itself once the specific distance has been reached? I am trying to keep the circuit analog but have thought about using a microprocessor.
Many thanks.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi,
I have the speed which I can integrate using an op-amp to get the distance. I have a power output from a retro-reflective sensor when a certain point is passed. I was wondering if a device (capacitor maybe?) could store the distance traveled when it receives the power output from the retro-reflective sensor and then give a power output itself once the specific distance has been reached? I am trying to keep the circuit analog but have thought about using a microprocessor.
Many thanks.
Welcome to AAC.

Why are you trying to avoid an MCU?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
It's for a project at university and mcu's aren't advised for some reason.
OK, well what you are looking for is a sample and hold circuit which is a common OPA application. If you research sample and hold and have more questions after trying to work out how to use it, you can ask.

Since this is schoolwork, by forum rules help is limited to assisting with your work not explaining how to do something. I am sure you can get help as you need it if you try to use what you find.