Positive And Negitive Connection Points On The Human Body

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Where are positive and ground points on the human body.
Our brain helps with the heat,we know that our body has
electrons. An E.K.G. machine measures our bodies pulses
and the machine has a positive and negitive anode
connection. So what are your opinions or is there a science.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Oh my goodness.... Did Loosie just ask an...an....electronics question?????

Hahaha, in all seriousness, though, I've often wondered the same thing. How do they connect terminals to your body to pick up these signals? There must be a relative + and -, I've just never known where they are....

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
well, signal across the heart is a vector. The ECG will look different depending on the arrangement of electrodes but there is a standard "grounding" electrode used to get rid of excess noise - hooked up to right leg. Just starting out myself, so...

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
What are you trying to figure out? An ekg doesn't use + -. Its just measuring the muscle movements from like 8 points of your body where your blood pumps. Thats why in bed hooked up to the machine if you lean forward or move in any way it starts going BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP and your wave form jumps 1000 fold. I might be wrong with this but I'v had a lot of EKG's and monitors in the past 6 months and all signs pointed to the sensors measuring muscle movements.
The tens does have a + - and you can hook it up anywhere on your body to make what ever muscle you want jump, or flex or do what ever you want via electrical signal. If you have a bad back, neck or hurt muscle or ligament its amazing.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
here is an interesting one - a commercial circuit. Points for electrodes are labelled as ground and reference. First thought that measurements were taken with respect to ground but now reasonably sure that there are two different reference electrodes and ground electrode serves to for common mode rejection. So where is ground? I think whereever you want it to be unless one is touching a metal pipe and a live wire at the same time, then it is pretty clear ...

Here is something I run across, have no time to read full article...

A plurality of mobile devices, such as cellular phones, PDAs, digital cameras and notebook computers, will be indispensable in ubiquitous environment. As more ubiquitous environment draws near, a more effective communication method that enables the plurality of mobile devices to communicate data is required. As one of the methods for data communication, the human body communication which uses a human body as a transmission medium has been proposed (Zimmerman, 1996). In the human body communication, a data from one device is transmitted to another device through human body. The human body communication has an advantage that the devices can communicate conveniently without an additional wire. A signal transmitter for human body communication has two electrodes: a signal electrode and a ground electrode. The signal electrode which is attached to human body feeds a transmitting signal into human body and the ground electrode is connected to the ground level of transmitter circuit. The signal loss is dependent on the fact that the ground electrode is attached to human body or not. The signal loss decreases as the ground electrode is attached to human body because the strength of electric field around human body increases and the imaginary value of load impedance of transmitter decreases (Fujii et al, 2003 and Fujii et al., 2002). In this paper, the measurement results on the effects of ground electrode according to the transmission distance are presented. A biological tissue-equivalent phantom has been used in the measurement of previous paper (Fujii et al., 2002), but a real human body is used in this paper. Also, the measurement results are analyzed by EM simulation. In the previous papers, the simulation model for human body has been composed of only muscle tissue. In this paper, more accurate model composed of muscle and other tissues is used during the simulation. Finally, the method by which a ground electrode can be used more efficiently is proposed based on the m- - easurement results
kind of old, wonder what the progress is...

Yako

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Where are positive and ground points on the human body.
Our brain helps with the heat,we know that our body has
electrons. An E.K.G. machine measures our bodies pulses
and the machine has a positive and negitive anode
connection. So what are your opinions or is there a science.
I think that the truth with medical science is likely so complex that we probably won't really know for about another 200-years.