PID Controller Rex-C100 Help!

xJCole

Joined Jul 25, 2020
Hey all,
I’m new to this forum, and very new to electrics of any form.
Not sure if I’m even in the right place to ask these questions but I gotta start somewhere.

Im a part time knife maker and need some help with my Heat Treat Oven.

Everything is built and works to an extent.
When I turn the power on, the PID controller powers up and the temperature instantly starts rising. My set value is 100°c just to test the build and so I can test the accuracy of the controller.

The temperature of the oven just keeps rising past the set value, and eventually trips out at around 352°c.

I can’t figure out why it won’t stop rising.

any help would be great.

I’m using Heating Element Coil AC220V 3000W / AC110V 750W Heater Wire 7.2mm*800mm
As my heating elements, I’m using a solid state relay, I got a 1300°c thermocouple for it and a ceramic block to connect the wiring to the element.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hey all,
I’m new to this forum, and very new to electrics of any form.
Not sure if I’m even in the right place to ask these questions but I gotta start somewhere.

Im a part time knife maker and need some help with my Heat Treat Oven.

Everything is built and works to an extent.
When I turn the power on, the PID controller powers up and the temperature instantly starts rising. My set value is 100°c just to test the build and so I can test the accuracy of the controller.

The temperature of the oven just keeps rising past the set value, and eventually trips out at around 352°c.

I can’t figure out why it won’t stop rising.

any help would be great.

I’m using Heating Element Coil AC220V 3000W / AC110V 750W Heater Wire 7.2mm*800mm
As my heating elements, I’m using a solid state relay, I got a 1300°c thermocouple for it and a ceramic block to connect the wiring to the element.
You’re likely to be asked for a schematic. Can you supply one?