Picture this...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
@cmartinez

The Sierra Madrea Oriental, near you was determined to be the source of reflecting the Raymondville Texas Loran Station. The reflected signal was about 1500 microseconds delayed from the original emission. The story is outlined at http://www.pdana.com/phdwww_files/rghost.pdf
That's amazing... I frequently visit Port Isabel and Brownsville while on vacation... check the first picture on this link, and look at the red jacket on the beer bottle.
Also, I know quite well the geography that your document describes. The places around Montemorelos and the like. The Sierra Madre range has breathtaking scenery... and no... there ain't no treasure hidden in there... but you can definitely come across bandits if you're not careful

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The back garden. A great tomato year!
I used to do that. :p Concrete reinforcing screen, 6 inch by 6 inch holes. Make a 30 inch diameter tube, 6 feet high. Support it with one 8 foot 2x4. Indeterminate variety like Better Boy. Nitrogen to start, potassium to force fruit, 75 pounds per plant! :eek:

ps, don't bother mailing me any. Something about the fruit inspectors at the Florida border. :mad:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Something about the fruit inspectors at the Florida border. :mad:
They don't want those 'wonderful' winter tomatoes they sell to Subway sandwich shops to get infected with the northern diseases. Those big tomatoes are known to fall out of dump trucks near the harvest areas, BOUNCE on the highway and break windshields of cars. They are so green and selective breading has made the skin so tough, they are nearly a rock. Once shipped to the local distributor, they are put in boxes with ethylene ripening gas to turn the skin red. Not worth eating. I hope the tomatoes that you grew were better.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/26/139972669/the-unsavory-story-of-industrially-grown-tomatoes

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I sure miss those tomatoes we grew in Indiana and Kentucky in the 1950's. Strong flavor, good acid, all you needed was a salt shaker. :p

Does anybody remember the name of them? (senior moment here)
I only remember that they won't "make" in Florida because of the parasites and fungus here.

Never mind. One quick Google and they were, "Beefsteak" tomatoes.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
This morning the wife tells me there are raccoons living under the garden and tool sheds (it never ends :H). I'll try the high-tech solution first to move them out with a few junk fire strobe lights connected to old car batteries. If I hear a dance party the next day then it's on to stage II chemical warfare.

I just knew that one day I would need them. (confessions of a pack-rat)

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Interesting turn of events! Keep us posted. :)

(This could develop like a Bugs Bunny Cartoon! Be Vewy quiet. I'm hunting wacoons!)

ROFL!
With all the cameras, intercoms, antennas, solar panels and junk on the house most of the neighbors think I'm a mad scientist or a drug-dealer. Telling them there will be flashing lights in the backyard will be a hoot.