PCB Missing 4N25 in eagle

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You can easily re-name the 4N35 on the schematic too. However, I suggest that you learn how to copy parts, modify them if needed, and make new parts. Eagle libraries are large, but I can't imaging doing very much without my own parts libraries.

aspirea5745

Joined Apr 17, 2019

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That is a standard 0.2" pitch connector (5.08 mm).

When making components one needs to know whether you only want the electrical equivalent (a simple pinheader will often suffice for what you show) or whether you need a full,3D physical model. Also, with the acquisition of Eagle by Autodesk, it is more important than ever to know the version of Eagle you are using. Autodesk has made significant changes starting with version 8.0 (v. 9.4.2 was released in May, 2019).

aspirea5745

Joined Apr 17, 2019
That is a standard 0.2" pitch connector (5.08 mm).

When making components one needs to know whether you only want the electrical equivalent (a simple pinheader will often suffice for what you show) or whether you need a full,3D physical model. Also, with the acquisition of Eagle by Autodesk, it is more important than ever to know the version of Eagle you are using. Autodesk has made significant changes starting with version 8.0 (v. 9.4.2 was released in May, 2019).
@jpanhalt I have Eagle 9.3.0 version I am just getting started so I would pick simple pin header

How do you get that part in eagle? Where is that connector in Eagle library I don't find here

upload_2019-6-11_16-56-55.png

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
@jpanhalt I have Eagle 9.3.0 version I am just getting started so I would pick simple pin header

How do you get that part in eagle? Where is that connector in Eagle library I don't find here
If something you need is not in Eagle, then create it yourself. When I place parts in Eagle, I very seldom use any from the Eagle libraries. There is nothing more frustrating than fabricating a PCB only to find out that one of the library part pinouts was WRONG - so I always create my own library part. How to do this? Well, you're going to have to RTFM. So STOP laying out your PCB and LEARN how to create your own part library. Learning how to create your own part is the FIRST thing you should learn for any PCB package.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
The pad layout is missing a pin. You need the one above it DIL06.
Like @SLK001 I design my own parts to avoid such things.
A side benefit is that you can add catalog information, ordering codes etc. in the part description. It is also frustrating to use a library part only to find out you can’t get it where you live. The time spent investing in your own library of familiar parts will pay handsome dividends later on.

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, I don't count on libraries for anything. If it looks like a library has what you need that's fine... but then pull out the datasheet for that part and CHECK EVERY DIMENSION!!! If you have any doubts at all about the library parts, make your own.

I've already been burned by this more than once. It's not a hypothetical problem - it's very real, and on very basic parts. One bad generic part was a simple SMD resistor pad. I think it was 0402 (1005 metric) but I might be remembering that wrong. Anyway, I mistakenly assumed that something as simple as a standard resistor would be safe - instead we had 2000 parts worth of manufacturing difficulties and unexplained failures before the bad pad layout was discovered.

I switched to DipTrace because of my frustration with untrustworthy parts and the difficulty of making my own in Eagle. The DipTrace libraries aren't perfect either, but seem to be better. More importantly, the workflow on creating my own parts (which I do probably 95% of the time) is much better for my tastes.

Anyway, regardless of what software you're using, always verify and/or make your own parts.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Just a guess on this. Many of the younger people seem to think that the 3D model is a necessity,they can't seem to picture things in there mind now days. Imagination is something that seems to be lacking in the young these days. I see it in my grand kids and their friends, if they can't see it in a finished comprehensive format they can't seem to get it.

OK, now you kids git off my lawn.

aspirea5745

Joined Apr 17, 2019
I appreciated all of your advice I would like to make my own part. I think I should make something simple like a resistor

I have attached the downloaded datasheet

I have gone through this website to create a new part https://www.autodesk.com/products/e...part-1-creating-first-package-autodesk-eagle/

I do not even see option File » New Library to open your Library Window.

Can someone share the steps to create new parts in Eagle CAD?

Attachments

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
I appreciated all of your advice I would like to make my own part. I think I should make something simple like a resistor

I have attached the downloaded datasheet

I have gone through this website to create a new part https://www.autodesk.com/products/e...part-1-creating-first-package-autodesk-eagle/

I do not even see option File » New Library to open your Library Window.

Can someone share the steps to create new parts in Eagle CAD?
Sorry, can't help you there. I did successfully create several custom parts, but it was like pulling teeth, it was about 5 years ago, and I don't remember the details anymore.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
I'm going to give you my advice one more time on this. I think your trying to learn the hardest PCB program to start off with. Your the same guy That also asked about a first PCB design.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/looking-help-to-design-first-pcb.160403/
Berzerker said:
This is why I picked Diptrace. Now don't take what I'm saying bad BUT Just because "MOST" people use it doesn't mean it's the right software to start with and learn on. Diptrace will allow you to learn the basics without all the bloat. Eagle is a much bigger and more powerful program and can do a lot of things but Diptrace is built just for PCB design. I think once you learn it the transfer to Eagle would be much easier.

Again Download it and give it a try

Brzrkr
Berzerker said:
Anything besides Eagle "Not saying it's a bad program" but to me it was like trying to learn how to fly a 747 when you might should start with a single engine plane to get the hang of it first.

Brzrkr
Berzerker said:
Found that hard even in Diptrace. The components aren't labeled like you or I would think they should be :eek:
You pull a search for (X) component and it will tell you it isn't there. Now this is really where PCB design gets hard Pattern editing, Component editing and Library building.

Edit: it took me about 2 to 3 weeks to get the hang of it....But I'm slow and try to make sure I get something before I move on.

Brzrkr
Make sure you read the third quote very good.

Brzrkr