PCB layout and specification help

Mr.Incredible

Joined Apr 19, 2020
Hello, i have come up with the schematic below and would like to turn it into a workable PCB. I am unsure of connectors but pretty sure the main supply one needs an update just cant find how/where to get it. The schematic calls for a single 12v and ground as the main power supply and then has 8 outputs that are switched with mosfets. the total system i want to be capable of 100A at 12V. the 8 pin header will be controlled from a microcontroller with 5V.

feel free to add any input on the design or any recommendations you might have its my time doing any of this.

8-pin Connector: A2005WR-8P
2 pin screw terminal (supply): DB128V-5.0-2P-BK

i can attach any files needed if that helps just let me know

Schematic (2).PNGPCB_PCB_2020-04-19 22_52_57_20200419232300.png

Mr.Incredible

Joined Apr 19, 2020
Many places on the internet, there are calculators to give you trace thickness verses current. You have about 11A for each large MOSFET and 100A total. Get the trace widths right.

What CAD program are you using?
I’m using easyADA started out with Altium but gave up on that pretty quick. Besides the trace thickness is there anything else I need to be worried about?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
There is a huge choice when it comes to connectors. Not counting specialty ones, DigiKey lists several hundred thousand listed.

One thing to consider is to use connectors that are unique for each type, unless it doesn't matter what something is plugged into. That helps avoid headaches later on. Of course, some designs want the same type of connector for two different things, say left and right channels. In that case, be sure they are labeled or color coded.