Please, reconsider your question.Great, thanks.
On page 22, in the gain compensation section, i didn't understand the second paragraph at all (the four lines under equation 27). I've tried Google it but nothing is useful, can you please help me with that ?
Hi eladta, i didn`t want to "examine" you - I only wanted to know where to start with explanations.I do, the basic criteria to my knowledge is to avoid open loop gain magnitude of 1 and phase of 180 degrees. Is there something else i'm missing ? I will explain what i don't understand on figure 17.
1. They are saying that the original loop gain curve is unstable, is it because the slop from 1/tao2 is very high (40dB/dec) ?
2. why does the compensated curve produce stability ? aside from the gain the curve slopes are the same !
14dB is the ratio of K/2 to K/10. Makes sense to me.EDIT: I have detected some more errors connected with Fig. 17. It`s completely useless! For example, the 14 dB are garbage.
First, I think K/Z should read K/2. This implies a noninverting closed loop gain of 2, or an inverting closed loop gain of 1. Then it mentions changing the noninverting closed-loop gain to 9, making the loop gain=K/10.The original loop-gain curve for a closed-loop gain of one is shown in Figure 17,
and it is or comes very close to being unstable. If the closed-loop noninverting
gain is changed to 9, then K changes from K/2 to K/10. The loop-gain intercept
on the Bode plot (see Figure 17) moves down 14 dB, and the circuit is stabilized.
Ron, can you explain figure 17 perhaps ? and the four lines above it ?14dB is the ratio of K/2 to K/10. Makes sense to me.
See my edit in post #30.Ron, can you explain figure 17 perhaps ? and the four lines above it ?
Hi Ron, of course one could guess what they mean in the TI note - however, do you really think it makes sense?14dB is the ratio of K/2 to K/10. Makes sense to me.
EDIT: The text above Fig. 17 says First, I think K/Z should read K/2. This implies a noninverting closed loop gain of 2, or an inverting closed loop gain of 1. Then it mentions changing the noninverting closed-loop gain to 9, making the loop gain=K/10.
Help me clarify the terms, when you say "closed loop gain" you mean the "loop gain" (A*beta according to these article) ? I guess not because if so, I've realized that they both the same.14dB is the ratio of K/2 to K/10. Makes sense to me.
EDIT: The text above Fig. 17 says First, I think K/Z should read K/2. This implies a noninverting closed loop gain of 2, or an inverting closed loop gain of 1. Then it mentions changing the noninverting closed-loop gain to 9, making the loop gain=K/10.
There was apparently some editing that went on during the drafting of this note that left this section with inconsistencies.
Great LvW, that helps a lot !!Loop gain LG=Aol*beta=Aol/(1/beta) >> Aol in dB minus 1/beta in dB.
Aol=opamps open-loop gain .
Any questions?
1.) Closed-loop gainCan you please write the equation of the closed loop gain ?
This is the only ambiguous term for me
EDIT: another basic question: unity gain meaning Aol=1 or beta=1 ?