OhmArt electronics humour

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
Thanks guys - I've learned some Greek history today!

029 - this cartoon (woofer, tweeter, mid-range) is a bit cheesy, but it's still a bit of fun :)

Attachments

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I meant our geological time... anyway, I 'm not a big fan of what if scenarios. What's done is done now.
Now, what if I was camping instead of sweating in the city...

I like the latest cartoon btw.

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
I 'm not sure I like my country being famous thanks to Frank Miller's "film"...
Well, there's always The Odyssey, the Iliad, and Anabasis! Not being a fan of films, I pick up a lot of my knowledge from military science fiction (e.g., John Ringo and David Weber)

--Rich

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
This is one of my personal favourites. I thought some of the hundreds of folks who HamCon would have liked it too... maybe some will hear about it in time for next year's event :)

Attachments

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
@Joe - that would be good publicity... I'd have to pay Bill a commission :)

This cartoon - 31 - I did for my wife as she liked my design work's slogan 'Ohm is where the 'art is'

Attachments

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The transistors appear to be in a pasture like animals in the U.S.
If the things in a pasture has value Its called base.Say you have
a dairy pasture across the road from you that sell there milk,
that dairys inventory is called base.You have to buy base from
another dairy farmer to increase your milk yield.That to keep another
pasture owner from just buying milk cows and having dairy.Like the
state of Florida has a set amount of base,It can be bought and
sold like stock.So for infringement purposes a few fence post added to
look like a pasture would help.A little useless Information that Is the
commerce and patent law and Intent. Little known facts from Loosewire.

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
One of the women at work inspired this one, after revealing a bit too much detail about herself at drinks one evening!

Attachments

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
I found bleeder resistors to be quite useful while building my audio amplifier... with 20,000uF per 35V rail, quite a bit of jolt can hang around for quite a while without the bleeders!

Attachments

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
These are great. Very funny. I love cartoons like these. So far the only place I seen anything like this is xkcd. Keep going.

This might be too obvious, but how about a resistor in lotus position saying ohm. Also how about a huge source of voltage from another planet saying "resistance is futile".

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
Thanks! A few of my electronics-minded friends got their favourite cartoon on T-shirts - no one including their wives / girlfriends understand the humour at all, and groan when their partners put the shirts on and start laughing to themselves :)

I like your 'ohm' idea. Nice! I have 2 x resistor cartoons in the pipeline for resistance is fertile (resistors growing in the ground) and resistance is volatile (a volatile digital pot)

cheers Barney

p.s. Astable vibrator attached (I was toying with the idea of doing something a little R18-ish, but decided to keep it clean :)

Attachments