Not everything that is true can be proven

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
Sure, PM it to me - did you use WPF, or Windows forms?

Not too long ago I rewrote the GoL using dual data types - It was originally just a sparse array, but then I made every element also a member of a linked list to quickly and easily iterate through.

(I was just trying to get some code for a sparse array up and running and GoL is a nice little project that fits the data type well)
Sure thing. Sent all of it to you in a PM. Feel free to share your version. It would be interesting to see how you coded it up with linked lists. I have an 8 core processor. Not sure how well it will work on other processors.

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
Very, very well put. Thanks for that. The only thing I'd adjust in your previous statement is that 'faith' (which is akin to a spiritual axiom) is something that I 'accept' as being true without definite solid proof.

How do we know we're not insane and our senses are not deceiving us, making us think this is reality while we're probably living in a simulation? ... the answer is you can never really know ... you just have to accept this reality and move on. Otherwise you're going to waste your life away in a circular problem which can never be solved.
If you consulted my wife she would tell you it is to late for me. I am already a circular problem that cannot be solved :)

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Conway's Game of Life is a classic! If you don't have much experience with lookup tables check out this (portable) bare-bones C implementation. It's less than one hundred lines of code and fairly well commented so not too hard to understand either.

Attachments

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
Conway's Game of Life is a classic! If you don't have much experience with lookup tables check out this (portable) bare-bones C implementation. It's less than one hundred lines of code and fairly well commented so not too hard to understand either.
Built this code on windows machine. That is a very interesting implementation of the game.