ainzi

Joined May 22, 2019
Hi everyone
I’m new to the site and hope everyone’s ok.... I’m new to electronics and I’m really wanting to build my own circuits and fault find on electronic circuit boards
Is there any where on this site or others that are really good beginners information to get started from the basics and work my way up ??

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
To learn from this area you will need to ask questions, being certain to describe what it is you want to know. I am happy to share knowledge with any who want to know, and usually I can explain the "why," as well. But I have no mind reading skills at all, and so the question needs to be a bit descriptive.
And welcome to what I find an interesting collection of questions and answers.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
As an aside, I hate "newbie" and prefer "neophyte". The former is about what is missing, the latter is about what is to come.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Welcome. And keep one thing in mind - there are no dumb questions here. If you don't know something - ask. If you think you know something and you're wrong, someone will guide you. Don't be afraid to ask what you think is a stupid question. You don't learn if you don't ask. Or if you make mistakes. Well, that may not be so true - I've made a ton of mistakes and I'm STILL not smart.

I'm so doomed.

"(

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi everyone
I’m new to the site and hope everyone’s ok.... I’m new to electronics and I’m really wanting to build my own circuits and fault find on electronic circuit boards
Is there any where on this site or others that are really good beginners information to get started from the basics and work my way up ??
You might also want to start watching the "Technical Repair" forum. That's where threads on repairing things show up. You'll notice after a while there are a lot of similarities. Look for the schematic, check for power, inspect the board for burn marks or bulging capacitors, and so on.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Don't forget OHM'S law, Diptrace or other PCB design programs, Data sheets, La, la,l a.
@ainzi
I a beginner too. The guys here are the greatest, most Amazing help you will ever find. Soooo much talent and knowledge here.
Been here about a year and I'm waiting on a table stand magnifying glass to get here before I start putting my project together. Old Age!!
Can't see to solder those little pins....... And it's lighted too ;)

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
You might also want to start watching the "Technical Repair" forum. That's where threads on repairing things show up. You'll notice after a while there are a lot of similarities. Look for the schematic, check for power, inspect the board for burn marks or bulging capacitors, and so on.
Also consider that for finding the failed part of a system it is very useful to know how it is supposed to work, and then observe how it is working, and that often points right towards the area of the problem. That approach works for radios, amplifiers, engines, pumps, and stoves. It is also very applicable to assorted industrial machinery and equipment. Of course, for electronic stuff it may be adequate to have a circuit and understand what is happening, or supposed to be happening, in the circuit.