Negative going edge trigger circuit

George Osama

Joined Mar 17, 2018
hi George,
Welcome to AAC.
Could you post your attempt at solving the assignment, we can then help you through it.
E
the assignment was marked today 24/4/2018 and my attempt is wrong, the idea is that my personal tutor couldn't explain it to us that's why I want to know how it works.

George Osama

Joined Mar 17, 2018
hi,
What value for the resistor between A and C did you choose.?
E
Hi,

I picked 1k ohms but my question is if we need the resistor for the capacitor to discharge how it is gonna discharge with the potential across the capacitor equal to Vcc so there is no potential difference between B and C how it is gonna discharge?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
ho,
Consider that if point B is at Vcc and also point A is also at Vcc due to the 1k resistor from A to C, what will the voltage across the capacitor be if I now connect point A to 0V.

E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Consider that if point B is at Vcc and also point A is also at Vcc due to the 1k resistor from A to C, what will the voltage across the capacitor be if I now connect point A to 0V.

E

George Osama

Joined Mar 17, 2018
hi,

E
Hi,
Okay, I get what you mean but can you tell me the path of the current and the potential difference causing it before pressing the switch and after pressing it and please tell me the state of the switch when you are answering.