NEED HELP! Computer audio

royashley99

Joined Nov 20, 2021
When i plug my headset in the back of my pc the audio is really soft and when i plug it in the top it is normal, is there any way i could fix the audio coming out the back?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As said, the green output is line level:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_level
It is not capable of driving headphones.

Connecting a low-impedance load such as a loudspeaker (usually 4 to 8 Ω) to a line out will essentially short circuit the output circuit. Such loads are around 1/1000 the impedance a line out is designed to drive, so the line out is usually not designed to source the current that would be drawn by a 4 to 8 ohm load at normal line out signal voltages. The result will be very weak sound from the speaker and possibly a damaged line out circuit.
Bertus

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The device in the link is not at all what is needed, it is for a totally different sort of function. And yes, I also wonder why choose the rear connector for an earphone connection. In addition, some "computer speakers" are intended to plug into the earphone connection and will not serve any better.
I would not even consider any amplifier product offered on Amazon because there is no customer support available from amazon.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Doesn't Amazon sell cheap clothes and shoes? Why would anybody buy online without trying-on for a good fit?
Amazon knows nothing about electronic parts or products that have no detailed specs and also will not fit.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It not only translates the USB digital signal, but they also have a headphone pre-amp and amp as well. Just what piece of junk are you referring to? Headphone amplifiers hold quite a niche in audio equipment sales. Products sold by Amazon are also sold in high end audio catalogs and stores.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It not only translates the USB digital signal, but they also have a headphone pre-amp and amp as well. Just what piece of junk are you referring to? Headphone amplifiers hold quite a niche in audio equipment sales. Products sold by Amazon are also sold in high end audio catalogs and stores.
How much customer support can you get from amazon???? Price and shipping weight, and possibly package size. Maybe.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The item I mentioned, from the FiFine Microphone Company, has a 2 year warranty and technical support from their US office. It is sold by many US companies such as Amazon, Walmart, FiFine's US Office, and others even worldwide. It is an inexpensive model, or you can go to Crutchfield and spend several thousand dollars on a high-end model. I thought the OP was looking for an inexpensive solution so I suggested a few. Finding models that support line-in analog signals is becoming difficult as most models are now for digital inputs as that is what the market is asking for. Is there something in particular that you find lacking in the suggestions I made? Have I offended you in some way? I was trying to answer the OPs question in a polite and friendly way without telling him what I would not do in a very negative manner.