NEED HELP! Computer audio

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The item I mentioned, from the FiFine Microphone Company, has a 2 year warranty and technical support from their US office. It is sold by many US companies such as Amazon, Walmart, FiFine's US Office, and others even worldwide. It is an inexpensive model, or you can go to Crutchfield and spend several thousand dollars on a high-end model. I thought the OP was looking for an inexpensive solution so I suggested a few. Finding models that support line-in analog signals is becoming difficult as most models are now for digital inputs as that is what the market is asking for. Is there something in particular that you find lacking in the suggestions I made? Have I offended you in some way? I was trying to answer the OPs question in a polite and friendly way without telling him what I would not do in a very negative manner.
It seems rather a lot like a "junk approach" to have to have an intermediate piece between a computer and a headphone. What possible benefit does it offer to those who simply wish to connect headphones to a computer? Just because it is done does not make it a good idea, but rather a way to cheapen the quality of the computer by requiring another piece to be attached to use a rather basic function. Saving money by moving the headphone amplifier out of the basic package.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It is what the OP asked for and for which others also want since they do have enough people wanting them to support their being marketed. IE, they wouldn't be made if people didn't ask for them. Since it is what the OP asked for, I tried to help him instead of denigrating his request. Is it what I would do? No, I plug my headphones into a headphone out jack that is provided on the front of my computer tower, so I don't need a line-out preamp or amp. Once again, they wouldn't make them if people didn't want them. If I needed one, and there have been times that I did, I have a LM386 adjustable amp that I built back when I had the need for it, and it is sitting on a shelf gathering dust waiting to be used again. I really don't think that Denon, Sennheiser, Naim Uniti, Sony, McIntosh, and many others would call their multi-thousand-dollar headphone amps a "Junk Approach".

Dekzion

Joined Feb 9, 2021
This is the main reason I never start threads here. You'll get a slagging for daring to try something, find it doesn't work as expected and ask for help or info.
My suggestion for the OP? use bluetooth head phones, you may need a bluetooth adapter plugged in to your line out? comp speakers also usually have a headphone output on them.
leaving forum after posting.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
This is the main reason I never start threads here. You'll get a slagging for daring to try something, find it doesn't work as expected and ask for help or info.
My suggestion for the OP? use bluetooth head phones, you may need a bluetooth adapter plugged in to your line out? comp speakers also usually have a headphone output on them.
leaving forum after posting.
One negative comment about one feature, NOT about what the TS was doing, does not constitute a reason to leave. THAT critical remark was about the computer makers, not about anybody else. AND it was referencing laptop computers only. at least that was my intent. And the critical remarks were all about amazon, not directed at anybody else.
Also, the correct answer was given quite early in the thread. Unfortunately the solution was not simple.