Need a power supply

Karlosantanas

Joined Nov 20, 2017
I've bought a few Elmo PTC-110R. Without power supplies, I have one. I'm going to attach pictures.
I have two problems
  • One the power supply I have runs on 120vac
  • Secondly I only have one and I dont know this particular plug.
So my questions are what is this plug, where can I get more of these power supplies for the UK?(230v nominal)
Regards
Kyle

Attachments

Karlosantanas

Joined Nov 20, 2017
That is an amazing find! Thankyou. Do you recognise the plug at all? That's going to be my biggest problem I think as it's not like anything I've seen before. Only other option is to desolder what's there and replace it, that scares the crap out of me.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
If you change the connector, make sure you get the polarity correct!
Cut the connector off with a length of lead attached and cut off the connector from the led of the new power supply.
If you are not happy with soldering, a screw terminal joining block will work ok too.
It is a simple thing to do but if you are not happy doing it, I'm sure you could find someone close by that can.

Karlosantanas

Joined Nov 20, 2017
Ignore that I've just bought 4 of the things. Just need to know if anyone recognises that connector, I'd normally go to maplin.... But we all know what's happened there
@KJ6EAD these any good?15318557915271156251150.jpg 15318558232871814345882.jpg 1531855870001228179460.jpg

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
This is the other problem I've got. I only have one power supply... Therefore only one connector.
The now gone Maplin in the UK did a "laptop power brick" with an output voltage selector and a belt of assorted power jack attachments. They also did a box kit of just assorted power jacks.

Similar kit turns up in discount stores - but rarely as good as that particular Maplin item. some car cigar socket 5V adaptors include an assortment of jacks.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I think it will just be easier to cut those plugs off and replace them with ones to suit the cameras. While you are doing that, the leads can be lengthened for each cameras as required.
It is doubtful you will be able to locate a socket to suit those power supplies.
And yes, you could run all the cameras on one bigger supply if you wanted.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Ignore that I've just bought 4 of the things. Just need to know if anyone recognises that connector, I'd normally go to maplin…but we all know what's happened there.
@KJ6EAD these any good?
Good job showing 1 of 4 dimensions (outside diameter). ;) Others will be inside diameter, pin diameter and barrel length. I started a search for you on RS Components. If you browse the results, you may find a supply that meets all criteria.

https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/c/p...5,4294876869,4294877626,4294883296,4294885237

Karlosantanas

Joined Nov 20, 2017
I think it will just be easier to cut those plugs off and replace them with ones to suit the cameras. While you are doing that, the leads can be lengthened for each cameras as required.
It is doubtful you will be able to locate a socket to suit those power supplies.
And yes, you could run all the cameras on one bigger supply if you wanted.
I think this is the route I'm going to go down. Desolder what every there and find a way to replace them.

Good job showing 1 of 4 dimensions (outside diameter). ;) Others will be inside diameter, pin diameter and barrel length. I started a search for you on RS Components. If you browse the results, you may find a supply that meets all criteria.

https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/c/p...5,4294876869,4294877626,4294883296,4294885237
I will take a look at that veggie I start removing solder, probs a lot safer to be honest.
Thankyou all, I love this forum!
Take care
Kyle

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The connector pictured looks to be a standard commonly called Size K DC Power Plug which come in Male and Female versions and are a 5 mm OD and normally about a 2.1 mm ID depending on gender. I have bought inline versions from Amazon. You may want to Google Size K DC Power Plug unless you have already taken apart what you have.

Ron

Karlosantanas

Joined Nov 20, 2017
Updates! Well the key was the 1mm centre on, I have now found the connectors, and they've been soldered on to the power supplies. In other words sorted Thankyou so much for the help and stuff guys, you're all so helpful!