MOSFETs and current output

Schidtztorm

Joined Oct 1, 2019
Until you can tell me what the voltages are in the real circuit, I cannot further comment on your modifications.
No problem. I'll just have to stay with trial and error for now. I'll surely post with the solution when I find it. Everyone else seems to feel the same way. I was hoping somebody would build a replica and see for themselves. Lol. Thanks for all you have contributed so far. If nothing else, I'm learning something new and having a blast doing it!

Here's my next attempt for anyone else that may be interested!
Screenshot_20191027_233313.jpg

Last edited:

kaindub

Joined Oct 28, 2019
I think most people have missed the salient point. if you are using this to charge a phone you need to firstly supply 5V. The internal charger in the phone will regulate the current.
The current in most phones is limited to 150ma, which is the standard USB output current. Phones that charge at greater than 150mA sense the voltages on the D+ and D- pins genertated by the charger to tell the phone that they can supply more current.
You can do all the gymnastics you want outside of the phone, but unless you tell the phone that you have a supply greater than 150mA, thats all the phone will draw.
So the solution is, build a 5V supply with 1 or 2 A capability.
Look up on the internet what the D+ and D- voltages should be for your phone and create these by using some resistors.
Then your good

Schidtztorm

Joined Oct 1, 2019
I think most people have missed the salient point. if you are using this to charge a phone you need to firstly supply 5V. The internal charger in the phone will regulate the current.
The current in most phones is limited to 150ma, which is the standard USB output current. Phones that charge at greater than 150mA sense the voltages on the D+ and D- pins genertated by the charger to tell the phone that they can supply more current.
You can do all the gymnastics you want outside of the phone, but unless you tell the phone that you have a supply greater than 150mA, thats all the phone will draw.
So the solution is, build a 5V supply with 1 or 2 A capability.
Look up on the internet what the D+ and D- voltages should be for your phone and create these by using some resistors.
Then your good
D+ and D- ? What is that? Sounds like you know something I don't though! Lol. Please enlighten me. Are you talking about the information +&-?