MOSFET Driver-High side not working!

Ivan Badal

Joined Apr 14, 2016
Hello everyone!!

I am using irs2103 to drive two transistors. My transistors are Mosfet irf510. They work fine in simulation.

The problem I face is ON THE BREAD BOARD. The High side is not working at all and the Low Side works some times. I am sending two square signals
AT THE SAME TIME with no phase shift to HIN and LIN and expecting on output: HO=High and LO= Low. I even tried different capacitors between Vb and Vs but achieved no where, still did not work. The frequency is not high, IRS2103 and IRF510 should work with it, it is less than 10 kHz.

Can some one help me, please??

Attachments

Ivan Badal

Joined Apr 14, 2016
I am sending my signals from Stk600 and using comparator(LM339N) to increase the amplitude (frequency remain unchanged). it is DC/AC inverter. Capasitors in front of transistors because I want to use ZVS to reduce the power lose when it turns on, in case you wondering why??
But first I must get AC on output of inverter, ZVS comes afterwards.

On LTspice I just choosed a random comparator to get my inverter to work. Note: You cannot go with higher frequency with it....

Download files from here to get irs2103 work on ltspice!

sorry for my bad English..

Attachments

Ivan Badal

Joined Apr 14, 2016
What circuit do you have on the breadboard? Please post a schematic.
If you delete all capacitors on the H-inverter and using one IRS2103 (delete the other) it would be the same as mine connection on breadboard.
The generation device on bread bord is STK600

Ivan Badal

Joined Apr 14, 2016
What is the supply voltage to the MOSFETs, the supply voltage to the IRS2103, and the logic levels from the STK600?
What pulse widths are you using?
now it works very wired !!
STK600= 5 Volt
Supply voltage to Mosfet = 25Volt
supply voltage to irs2103 = between 5-8 voltage ==> it gives me a square wave but has 2 volts oh High Side and and les than 2 volts on low Side.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I am sending two square signals
AT THE SAME TIME with no phase shift to HIN and LIN
If this means that your activating both the high and low at the same time, it doesn't work like that. Only one of the inputs at a time can be active.
connection on breadboard.
If this is on a breadboard, and works "sometimes" it could be the breadboard is not making good contact with the components.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
STK600= 5 Volt
Supply voltage to Mosfet = 25Volt
supply voltage to irs2103 = between 5-8 voltage ==> it gives me a square wave but has 2 volts oh High Side and and les than 2 volts on low Side.
The driver has what is called under voltage lockout. It wants at least 8 volts before it will try to turn on the top FET.