MEAN WELL TS-1000 Inverter not working

IUE

Joined Dec 17, 2019
Hi, I am using a MEAN WELL TS-1000 inverter. Currently the inverter got an issue such that when the inverter is switch on it will automatically turn off within less than 5 seconds and then it starts to blink the status LED in orange color.
If anyone has an experience with this kind of inverter please help me to solve this issue.
also If anyone has a complete circuit diagram of this inverter please comment on this thread. It might help me to solve this issue

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What is the rating (V,A) of the battery which supplies the inverter? If the inverter input is inadequate the inverter will switch itself off.
it starts to blink the status LED in orange color
What does that indicate?

IUE

Joined Dec 17, 2019
Which status LED? This should be the manual for your inverter. Page 7 discusses front panel failure messages. So what exactly is your message?

Ron
According to the manual the status LED blinks when inverter has an over temperature probem.It should be blinking in red, but in my case it blinks in orange color. Also I recognize that my cooling fan does not work. I checked it with connecting to an external power supply and it doesn't work.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I would start with returning the unit to the vendor you got it from. Apparently if the fan will not power externally it is faulty so next option would be replacing the fan. I would not take the fact that they say Red and you see Orange as gospel. I would say the fan may have thermal control but if you can't get it to run with external power I would guess it to be faulty.

Ron

IUE

Joined Dec 17, 2019
What is the rating (V,A) of the battery which supplies the inverter? If the inverter input is inadequate the inverter will switch itself off.

What does that indicate?
I am using two 12V/60Ah batteries to give 24V input.

IUE

Joined Dec 17, 2019
I would start with returning the unit to the vendor you got it from. Apparently if the fan will not power externally it is faulty so next option would be replacing the fan. I would not take the fact that they say Red and you see Orange as gospel. I would say the fan may have thermal control but if you can't get it to run with external power I would guess it to be faulty.

Ron
Can fault of the cooling fan turn off the inverter quickly?