AI - Disgusting and demeaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Starter

Futurist

Joined Apr 8, 2025
950
Can anyone explain why our highly "advanced" society has gotten to the point where a generally accessible information source like youtube, has started showing thousands of "shorts" of young women urinating? For weeks now, every time I visit youtube, I am inundated with demeaning AI generated filth.

What if I was sitting with my grand daughter looking for something like zoo videos or pet videos? or what if she was perusing youtube on her own one time?

Look, here's a screenshot of my tablet I'm not even signed in ! I don't have an account! I simply went to the site and didn't even yet search for anything ! is this modern capitalist America? is this just the "way it is"?

Why do we sit quietly while these massive corporations cry innocent? whine that they can't do anything? how its so hard to stop? frankly these sites should be shutdown, if they can't protect our women and children we should shut them down or prosecute the executives who run this stuff.

1787799725206.png
 
Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
10,305
Your granddaughter should be using YouTube Kids—if using YouTube at all.

But I don't understand how you ended up with that feed. A not logged in account will get:

1787822418856.png

as the first page. Specifically to avoid the sort of thing you have there and to focus the feed on the interest of the unknown viewer. The feed you have is oddly specific. Maybe a misspelled or ambiguous search term caused it?
 

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
7,949
Gee, all my shorts are puppies. Anyway,,,


AI Overview




To remove unwanted videos from your YouTube Shorts feed, you need to reset your recommendation algorithm. YouTube does not have a single toggle switch to block specific keywords, but you can train the system to stop showing them.
Follow these steps to clean up your feed:

Block the Content
    • Select "Not Interested": Tap the three dots on the unwanted Short. Select Not Interested.
    • Report the Video: Tap the three dots. Select Report if the content violates community guidelines.
    • Block the Channel: Tap the channel name. Go to their profile. Tap the three dots and select Block user.

Clear Your History
    • Delete Search History: Go to Settings. Tap Manage all history. Delete searches related to this topic.
    • Delete Watch History: Remove any similar videos you accidentally watched from your History tab.

Turn off Search Customization
    • Incognito Mode: Use Incognito Mode when searching for unusual topics. This prevents them from affecting your main feed.


You may want to try some of this as mentioned and that feed is coming from somewhere.

Ron
 

Thread Starter

Futurist

Joined Apr 8, 2025
950
I can clear history, but as time progresses history accumulates and despite never seeking such material, somehow, someway "AI" ensures that it eventually starts to present itself. The complaint is that a not logged in visitor should not be shown stuff like that and in fact youtube should prevent it even being there, but they don't care, nobody cares and that's why as a society we are done for, previous norms are fading, taboos disappearing and the degree of indifference is astonishing.
 
Last edited:

Thread Starter

Futurist

Joined Apr 8, 2025
950
Your granddaughter should be using YouTube Kids—if using YouTube at all.

But I don't understand how you ended up with that feed. A not logged in account will get:

View attachment 370812

as the first page. Specifically to avoid the sort of thing you have there and to focus the feed on the interest of the unknown viewer. The feed you have is oddly specific. Maybe a misspelled or ambiguous search term caused it?
Yes, that's initially, but use it that way for a few weeks and it accumulates history (despite never logging in) and the AI crapware at the back end uses that to magically send you undesirable content - why?

Money, they work to get your attention, that's the role of AI, keep you mindlessly flicking through dumb "shorts", not to help you.

Notice too how a "short" always loops and there's no option to stop that automatic looping, its truly becoming a depressing world.
 

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
18,472
I am inundated with demeaning AI generated filth.
I agree that there's too much AI crap on YouTube. I was actually fooled by a video by a young Asian male (something about silver trading because I had been watching videos about the spot price). Later found out that that avatar was used for many misleading videos.

Even cat videos are cluttered with AI junk videos. Then there are the videos about some decorated female service member being a passenger on jet being asked to do something heroic. Same person, same story, different images.
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,213
Can anyone explain why our highly "advanced" society has gotten to the point where a generally accessible information source like youtube, has started showing thousands of "shorts" of young women urinating? For weeks now, every time I visit youtube, I am inundated with demeaning AI generated filth.
Thinking of youtube as an "information source" is probably your first mistake. ;)

I'm not a big user of YouTube, but do go there on occasion looking for something fairly specific. I've never seen behavior like what you are claiming.

What if I was sitting with my grand daughter looking for something like zoo videos or pet videos? or what if she was perusing youtube on her own one time?
What if they are in a library an perusing the shelves and come across any of the myriad titles that most libraries hold that include content you wouldn't want your granddaughter seeing? Possibly one, with pictures, depicting personal hygience practices around the world?

Look, here's a screenshot of my tablet I'm not even signed in ! I don't have an account! I simply went to the site and didn't even yet search for anything ! is this modern capitalist America? is this just the "way it is"?

Why do we sit quietly while these massive corporations cry innocent? whine that they can't do anything? how its so hard to stop? frankly these sites should be shutdown, if they can't protect our women and children we should shut them down or prosecute the executives who run this stuff.
You don't need much imagination to visualize the screaming and howling that results when a video or content is taken down. It gets reported in the news fairly regularly. We certainly see it here almost anytime we remove a post as being inappropriate and in violation of our User Agreement. Often the same members that are most vocal about insisting that content they find objectionable be removed, are the ones that scream the loudest when something of they posted gets removed.
 

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
18,472
Thinking of youtube as an "information source" is probably your first mistake.
I watch news clips on YouTube, but only from reputable channels. Have done so since I cancelled my DirecTv subscription (due to poor reception).
 

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
5,029
Honestly I don't know why it happens but found the way for the algorithm understand I don't want this to show up again: use the three-dots menu up there in the top right corner.
You can choose report or don't suggest this to me again. Do it frequently.
I also close YT and look for the three vertical lines menu at the bottom. I then close All apps what seems to stop current algorithm. Opening YT again could show a fresh line of thinking for your peace of mind.
Otherwise, once you run across something you consider offending, if you opt for not doing anything of the above, simply move on as quickly as you can. Sooner or later the algorithm will interpretate that you have no interest on that.
 

Thread Starter

Futurist

Joined Apr 8, 2025
950
The feed responsible is coming from somewhere? Less logging in I get the same screen Ya'akov posted in Post #3.

Ron
So do I if I clear the current history, after that history gradually re-accumulates as you search or click on already searched results. Than AI plays a role as it strives to "infer" stuff you might want to watch.
 

Thread Starter

Futurist

Joined Apr 8, 2025
950
Thinking of youtube as an "information source" is probably your first mistake. ;)

I'm not a big user of YouTube, but do go there on occasion looking for something fairly specific. I've never seen behavior like what you are claiming.
What does that prove?

What if they are in a library an perusing the shelves and come across any of the myriad titles that most libraries hold that include content you wouldn't want your granddaughter seeing? Possibly one, with pictures, depicting personal hygience practices around the world?
Are you insinuating that books in a public/school library are comparable to AI generated videos of young women peeing all over their feet?

You don't need much imagination to visualize the screaming and howling that results when a video or content is taken down. It gets reported in the news fairly regularly. We certainly see it here almost anytime we remove a post as being inappropriate and in violation of our User Agreement. Often the same members that are most vocal about insisting that content they find objectionable be removed, are the ones that scream the loudest when something of they posted gets removed.
So you don't care about it, as I said the indifference I see sometimes is astonishing.
 

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
7,949
So do I if I clear the current history, after that history gradually re-accumulates as you search or click on already searched results. Than AI plays a role as it strives to "infer" stuff you might want to watch.
I just can't figure out why the same crap keeps coming back. Not something based on a browsing history which I could understand. You clear it and things are fine, right up till it's back again. You can try the report function. While some AI I do find amusing some of it is just pure garbage. Most of my AI generated shorts are puppies which I do enjoy watching. Thus I get feeds with dogs. I can imagine the frustration.

Ron
 

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
5,538
Because they do not allow porn on YouTube. So, they skate as close as they can to it without being deleted and penalized... Even in our "Civilized Society" there are a lot of uncivilized folks still...
 

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
18,169
If you receive tailored content, it's because something somehow is tracking you. Personally, I get a ridiculous number of AI cat videos pushed at me. Using Safari on a Mac frees you from a lot of tracking but yes, I made the mistake months ago of looking at a few clips that were hilarious. Now they're flooding in and most aren't worth a glance. I thankfully don't get ANY like first mentioned in this thread. Blissfully unaware they exist, although not at all surprised.
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,213
What does that prove?
About all it proves is that, combined with what others have observed, is that your experience, from which you have generalized to being everyone's experience, are not as general as you believe.

Indeed, you have a lot of control over what you see. I no longer see anything when I visit YouTube because I turned off my Watch History. I don't like being their product, so I don't share information I don't have to. Now, when I go to YouTube.com directly (as opposed to following a link, such as one someone posts on the forum), I see this:

1787871050293.png

I see essentially the same thing if I go to the Shorts page. They don't offer up any suggestions at all, let alone videos of pissing women.

As I click through all of the various categories under "Explore", I get lots of suggestions offered up, mostly tagged as what's "trending". Nothing terribly objectionable. About the worst would be music videos involving performers in scanty clothing. Again, no hint of pissing women, or anything remotely comparable.

Are you insinuating that books in a public/school library are comparable to AI generated videos of young women peeing all over their feet?
I'm not insinuating anything. I'm observing a reality. The availability of materials that some find "obscene" in public libraries is a hotly debated topic with no shortage of people demanding that all kinds of materials be removed for exactly the same reasons that you are wanting the government to put their boot on the necks of any social media platform that allows content to be posted that you object to -- to protect women and children (though, personally, I don't see why adult women need to be protected any more than adult men, but perhaps I give women more credit than they deserve, or at least more than you seem to think they deserve).

So you don't care about it, as I said the indifference I see sometimes is astonishing.
It has absolutely nothing to do with indifference. I have said nothing about what my personal preferences for what is available on a social media platform operated by a private company or in a public library funded by taxpayer money. Again, I merely observed a reality. People that demand that material that they find objectionable be removed to that not only they aren't exposed to it, but also so that no one else is, seem to consistently suffer under the delusion that what they believe should and shouldn't be accessible is somehow a universal gold standard that everyone else shares. In reality, there will be no shortage of people that will similarly demand that those same "protections" be extended to you to prevent you from seeing material that they find objectionable and believe is harmful to you.

Given that reality, putting in mechanisms to monitor and enforce the heavy-handed controls you favor and impose the kind of sanctions you want is nearly impossible. That does not mean that it has to be a complete free-for-all, but it does mean that the approached have to be much more nuanced. But no matter what is tried or done, there will be no shortage of lawsuits from both sides insisting that their "rights" have been violated or that they have been "harmed", either by something that was posted, or by something that was removed (and very likely, on occasion, regarding the same material).
 

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
599
I have all stuff related to what I search/watch.
pretty much all electronics, sports and chess. Don't get weird stuff at all on my account.
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,213
OK, well if your kids or grand kids encounter this, I'm sure you'll be defending it, AI "decided" to deliver this, I have no idea why, I have no idea of the rules or algorithms, I simply oppose it, you applaud it, that's the difference between us. if this is the future you want for our young people, then I pity you, maybe you get a buzz, perhaps they'll be shitting next..
You once again insist that if someone says that the sky is blue, it's because they want a blue sky.

As for the links you posted, it doesn't matter whether I personally object or not, you have just violated the User Agreement you agreed to when you joined, and you did so very blatantly and deliberately and, in the process, demonstrated the very point that I made initially: The very people that scream the loudest for the content they object to being removed are the same people that believe that they have a right to post whatever they want with impunity. Do it again and you will be banned.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F General Science, Physics & Math 22
Top