LTspice help

Anshhh7

Joined Sep 25, 2022
I want to model a modulated transformer for a pump mechanism (slider crank mechanism in reciprocating pump). The MTF element accepts a modulation signal that is a nonlinear function of the crank angle. How do I make this in LTspice?
This requires an MTF element with the modulus being an expression that converts the rotational flywheel motion to the linear slider motion. ( I have got the relation)

Anshhh7

Joined Sep 25, 2022
How do I make the LTspice model of a reciprocating pump? I have drawn the bond graph of it (ATTACHED). I want to know how to model the modulated transformer and the modulating resistor in LTspice along with the whole circuit and run it. Please help me..
1670674600661.jpg

1670760979482.png

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ans,
I have looked over the problem a few times, it is a major exercise to convert that model into a LTSpice simulation, I really don't have the time free to do that, perhaps another member may step forward who has worked on this type of problem.
E

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It looks like it would take a while to understand the "bond graph" notation well enough to translate it into LTspice. I'm retired and I have less than zero motivation to learn this notation. OTOH the Wikipedia article has a section on turning circuits into bond graphs, but nothing about going the other way. Certainly a "bond graph" simulator might be helpful to you, but there probably isn't one that is readily available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_graph

I'm sure the TS is familiar with the material in the above article, but maybe another member can absorb the material faster with a younger, more agile brain. It is quite beyond my ability to grok quickly at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I'm not familiar with Bond graphs either, but the following model of a reciprocating pump could perhaps be edited/refined to match the graph :
Pump.png

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What is the voltage source? (is it b source depicting nonlinear relationship in the slider crank mechanism)
The voltage source labeled "PumpPressure" is generating a sine wave with a "DC offset" of "0V", an amplitude of "+5V", and a frequency of 10 Hz. (aka cycles per second).