Kirkchoffs law need help with this circuit

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You don't HAVE to redraw the circuit, but drawing it so that everything is either horizontal or vertical sometimes helps people see the loops more easily.

There are several ways to solve this problem. From what you wrote it sounds like you are at the point in your education where you are expected to develop and solve loop equations. And, yes, you need three of them.

So make your best attempt to come up with three loop equations. Be sure that every quantity you use is clearly annotated on your schematic. For voltages and currents, be sure to indicate the polarity as well.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Actually, I just noticed that the next part asks you to use Thevenin's theorem to model the circuit. Usually people are already through not only using KVL/KCL to solve these kinds of networks, but have also covered node voltage analysis, mesh current analysis, and superposition. Have you not covered any of these last three?

Drewdette

Joined Jan 16, 2018
Thank you for your reply in further to your question I have not but do you think it is better to redraw or make three loops using the original drawing as a loop at the bottom as loop 1 and then making loop 2 And 3 the sides once again I fully appreciate your help

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank you for your reply in further to your question I have not but do you think it is better to redraw or make three loops using the original drawing as a loop at the bottom as loop 1 and then making loop 2 And 3 the sides once again I fully appreciate your help
Whether you redraw it or not is entirely up to you since what matters is whether you think it will make things more apparent to YOU.

You can pick any three loops you want as long as every component is included in at least one of them.

The usual approach is to use meshes as your loops. Think of that circuit as a window with a number of panes. The edge of each pane is a mesh.

Drewdette

Joined Jan 16, 2018
Whether you redraw it or not is entirely up to you since what matters is whether you think it will make things more apparent to YOU.

You can pick any three loops you want as long as every component is included in at least one of them.

The usual approach is to use meshes as your loops. Think of that circuit as a window with a number of panes. The edge of each pane is a mesh.
Ok thank you will try and have a gojust need to work out the + & - will use the drawing as it is I think better than trying to redraw things all the time so will draw it out put on the direction and the +& - thank you for all your help means so much