KCL or KVL problem.

Rynxie

Joined Nov 17, 2022
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-12 at 20.29.50 (1).jpeg

I tried KCL but I couldn't get the right value. When I use KCL should I accept the branchs that dependent current source in it current i0 or something else. I tried to accept it i0 but couldn't get the right value if I shouldn't what is the current in that branch

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You have started several homework threads and have been asked to show your work and, thus far, have refused to do so.

You need to show your work so that we can help you learn. We are NOT going to just do your homework for you.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
View attachment 307367

I tried KCL but I couldn't get the right value. When I use KCL should I accept the branchs that dependent current source in it current i0 or something else. I tried to accept it i0 but couldn't get the right value if I shouldn't what is the current in that branch
Hi,

You'll get more than enough help here from members who are willing to help but as others have said, you have to show your first attempt to solve the problem yourself. If you don't know what to do then say so, but it sounds like you tried yourself already so all you have to do is show that work.
Also, please write neatly or type your equations so they are not too hard to read.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Well why did you not show your calculations? That's what we have all been asking for.
If you want we can check to see if those results you are talking about work and so verify your conclusion, but it would only be a yes or no answer for now until you show some work. See, if you show some work someone can show you what you did wrong, if in fact you really did something wrong, or even show you that the given answers were wrong or not.

It does look like something is wrong with those results if the results really are 10 amps and 20 volts. What results did you get?

Ok there is something wrong with those values of 10 amps and 20 volts. This means you may have gotten the right answer all along.
You should post your results and we can compare.

Here is the same drawing cleaned up a little.

Attachments

Last edited:

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Well why did you not show your calculations?
It's the job of the original poster to show calculations. I just took the supposedly correct given answer and applied it back to the circuit to show that the given answer has problems.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
It's the job of the original poster to show calculations. I just took the supposedly correct given answer and applied it back to the circuit to show that the given answer has problems.
Hi there,

Oh sorry about that, what happened was I replied to the wrong reply I was intending to reply to the original thread starter.
Maybe I can fix that.
[ok it's fixed]

Last edited: