Is this circuit board ruined?

kevin1080

Joined Mar 10, 2020
Is there a way to salvage this part of the board with soldering? When I was trying to unplug the connector that was attached to this board, I accidentally pulled the whole thing off (connector and it's 'housing', instead just the connector). So as you can see the part where the arrow points to it looks like when the housing came off the coating on the board also came off. I initially thought maybe I can solder it back together but without the metal coating is it ruined?

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
You could attach a new connector to the remaining pads. Note that it will be less secure as it is held by one less pad. Trace where the missing pad is connected on the board and then run a wire from the unconnected pin on the connector to a place where it is convenient to connect it.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I initially thought maybe I can solder it back together but without the metal coating is it ruined?
1583864908776.png
Show us what was connected to the pads.

You can use adhesive backed copper to replace the pad. Scrape away some of the solder mask to attach it to the trace with #30 solid wire or similar. Use a burnishing tool to get the best adhesion you can before attaching the replacement pad to the trace.

After soldering the connector back, you may need to use additional adhesive to secure (hot glue or similar). If you want it to be more permanent, use epoxy like JB Weld.