inverting op-amp

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
fig 41-1_LI.jpg

a teacher of mine told me to play around with the potentiometer in this circuit and observer the wave forms. so the horrible drawing u see with numbers 1 en 2 are the wave forms. when im not varying the potentiometer the wave forms just look like a straight horizontal line( upper left corner drawing). now as i vary the potmeter over a wide range the wave forms were going up and down(upper right corner drawing). so what is actually happening as i vary the wave form??

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

And what is the relation of the output and input voltage in relation to R7 and R4 in your schematic?

Bertus

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
OK, thats a good start.
I guess you also know that its configured as an amplifier.?
For that type of circuit the gain is R7/R4 or more generally written as Rfeedback/Rinput, so thats ~ gain = ~ 10k/1k = 10.

So if I set the pot R6 so that the input voltage was say +0.1V, what would the output voltage measure.?
E

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
hi,
OK, thats a good start.
I guess you also know that its configured as an amplifier.?
For that type of circuit the gain is R7/R4 or more generally written as Rfeedback/Rinput, so thats ~ gain = ~ 10k/1k = 10.

So if I set the pot R6 so that the input voltage was say +0.1V, what would the output voltage measure.?
E
+1V. because the ouput is just vin*gain right?

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
Hello,

And what is the relation of the output and input voltage in relation to R7 and R4 in your schematic?

Bertus
hmm i think ericgibbs already gave the answere i think.im new to electronics and just started messing with amplifier circuits a couple of days ago

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
OK.:)
Excellent, you have now answered you own original question..

Are there are other points you would like to ask.

BTW: on your circuit all the resistors to the left of R4 will effect the actual gain of the circuit.

E

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
OK.:)
Excellent, you have now answered you own original question..

Are there are other points you would like to ask.

BTW: on your circuit all the resistors to the left of R4 will effect the actual gain of the circuit.

E
thank you. no, not at the moment. im currently busy with different type of amplifier circuits that i got from my teacher to analyze.so when im done with this one i might ask bunch of more questions.because i really want to be good in electronics because is something i've found a passion for

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
A little future note:
For the Gain = R7/R4 [Rfb/Rin] to be accurate, the voltage source driving into Rin will have a zero resistance to 0V.
In your circuit you have a resistor network of R1,2,3,5 and R6 whose total parallel and series value of resistance to 0v, from the pot wiper, has to be added to R4, call it Rsum.
The Gain would be then R7/(R4+Rsum) which means the Gain will be less than 10.
E

sean96

Joined Nov 5, 2018
hi,
A little future note:
For the Gain = R7/R4 [Rfb/Rin] to be accurate, the voltage source driving into Rin will have a zero resistance to 0V.
In your circuit you have a resistor network of R1,2,3,5 and R6 whose total parallel and series value of resistance to 0v, from the pot wiper, has to be added to R4, call it Rsum.
The Gain would be then R7/(R4+Rsum) which means the Gain will be less than 10.
E
thanks, i appreciate the help

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
In his simple point to point measurement he will show a gain of 10, but he must be made aware that the effect of source impedance of the driving voltage must be taken into consideration.

Approx equiv resistance of input network 300R
E

Attachments

Last edited: