Inverter Circuit

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I asked ChatGPT for a suitable IGBT model, rest is my idea!
Well in particular, how did you know how to calculate the transformer windings and core cross sectional area?
Just wondering because it may not be that bad of a choice.

800v is high though, may require some special winding care.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I once worked with a guy who was a bit like Chat GPT, in that his grammar was reasonable and his sentence construction was quite good, and he was able to fake his way on a few things. Unfortunately he lacked any knowledge in the area of actual circuits and so as a design person he was much more a burden than a capable assistant. Fortunately, after only a month, he got a much better job offer in California, for a job designing controls for atomic reactors for power plants. Best move ever, for my company. His position was filled before he got back, by the person who emptied the wastebaskets. He was also good at filing drawings, running copies of drawings, and great at retrieving drawings from the files.
The fact is that what a computer can look up seldom includes experience and insights.

A good design seldom starts with a complete bill of materials, although I have been given lists of approved materials to pick from when building systems, if any of those types of items were required.

Last edited: