Identifying the correct toggle switch.

Jakeman02

Joined Sep 12, 2019
Hello, I've done research today but still confused about some terms.

I'm attempting to replace a toggle switch from my electric wheelchair controller. It's a 3 position momentary switch that rest in the middle. When the switch is pushed up it activates and deactivates a tilt function. When the switch is pushed down it acts as a power on/off.

I've been able to find out it's a spdt momentary switch.
switch 1.jpg switch 2.jpg switch 1.jpg switch 2.jpg
I'm still confused about the terms for momentary switch when looking for a replacement. I pulled the switch from the controller and the markings are on-off-on. From doing research I'm thinking it should be listed as (on) off (on) or mon-off-mon. It also states C&K 7105 but I'm pretty sure that's just the company and model,

I've attached some pics if that helps. If anyone could give any advice so I don't order the wrong switch it would be greatly appreciated.

Jakeman02

Joined Sep 12, 2019
I don't mind getting the same switch, I just wasn't sure it was the same switch. There are many different type switches in the 7105 with some more identifying numbers after that, like in the link is 7105SYZQE and it's listed as SLDR in the description. If you think that's the same switch I'll go ahead and order it.

Thanks

Jakeman02

Joined Sep 12, 2019
You need to check the datasheet if you want an exact replacement. The number mentioned is SPDT mom-off-mom. But you need to get the appropriate terminals and there are multiple paddle types.
Hole diameter and terminals are the main ones to match as there isn't much space inside. At least I know I'm looking at the right switch as far as the way it functions which was my main concern. I'll study the data sheet and go from there.

Thanks Much