Ideal, background and priority task in RTOS

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
i am reading about RTOS. I have some confusion in RTOS. I don't understand how background task, ideal task and priority task run on RTOS system

Let's say I have a system that has 5 tasks I have one task which initialize hardware so I called it ideal task. there are three real-time tasks whose priority are 1, 2, and 3 respectively.. I have the last one which is non-real time, doesn't require real time response. so I called it background task

In this situation I want to understand how these five tasks are executed on the hardware

1) Will the OS execute the ideal task first and then the priority task's and then the background task

2) Do all tasks need to have set priority or priority only set for real-time tasks?

I would appreciate any help to clear up the misunderstandings

Pushkar1

Joined Apr 5, 2021
May be i didn't ask quality question hence not getting any response.

let me shorten my question a bit. CPU can run only one task at a time, Scheduler decides when and which task should be run according to priority. There may be some tasks that are ready to run. What is the background task for FreeRTOS

michael8

Joined Jan 11, 2015
May be i didn't ask quality question hence not getting any response.

Likely. You didn't mention or better provide links to the operating system you are asking about. Different operating
systems do things differently so there isn't a single answer to your original question in this query.

Anyway see this link (from your previous query): https://www.freertos.org/RTOS-task-priority.html

Which says:

Low priority numbers denote low priority tasks. The idle task has priority zero (tskIDLE_PRIORITY).