How to wire up Buck Boost Module

quique123

Joined May 15, 2015
So I bought a module for supplying my ESP8266 with 3.3V it requires, since I currently have it running off of a 3.3V pin of an Arduino, this is the module I bought:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4A-...711.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.728e4c4dNfb38r

How do I wire it up?

So I have a power plug that outputs 5VDC/1A from the wall, so I would need to take apart whatever wire comes out of the wall-wart (which is just one of those phone charging cubes) and split the wires up in order to feed this module? It seems kinda clunky way of doing it. Any other ideas of how to do this?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Thar supply is a bit of overkill, but should work once you get the output volts adjusted. Do that before hooking it to the target.

I would cut the plug off it myself, but you can use one of these...
ScrewAdaptor.png
But if it has a phone plug on the charger, just cut it off and wire it directly to the supply.
make sure the polarity is correct!

Last edited:

quique123

Joined May 15, 2015
I actually bought the buck/boost for projects in general such that I don't need to use an uno as a 3.3v supply. I don't have a bench power supply nor do I really want one. I actually got lm1117 for the esp8266 module as a standalone project.